This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long long time ago member ...

Hey there - I searched for this website on a whim and was surprised to see it
    I think I started off with Customers Suck waaaaaaay back in 2002?

I used to be a very active member and moderator in a former life a few years ago with the first round of CS.

Life caught up with me and I drifted away from the net and the people in search of other interests. I grew frustrated with myself and needed to get away from the net for as long as possible but everything is good now.

I just thought I'd say hi to a few people I noticed were still circulating the boards that I knew well back in the day! ... HI!

What have I been up too ... well for those who remember me, I don't serve customers anymore! my days in retail were numbered after a horrible 2006. Bullied in the workplace and did my shoulder in ... for anyone who works on a register be careful of your shoulders!!! Moved to the city, and now work for the Dept of Defence and after a rocky start I'm starting to find my groove and happy I made the switch. I'm still in regular contact with some former members of CS, Dailygrind I see every few weeks for a drink and Tez and Cargoddess I regularly email.

So to all who knew me, drop me a line for a catch up, hope you're all well and happy and thanks for letting me post!!

-- Nixy

Nice to see an old familiar face here. Welcome back!

It's been awhile, hasn't it? I think we got hacked a few more times since you were here last, we've changed software a few times, changed ownership (Mr. S. got frustrated and gave up the site after one too many hacks), and of course there's the changes in staff that occur on occasion. Oh, and Yours Truly is now an Admin.

Hope to see you around here more.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Hi Mike!

lol yours was one of the names I saw on here glad to see you! Glad to see you're admin, you deserve the challange!

I heard about some of the hacks and about George letting go which is sad but glad to see the board has been nurtured back! In the early days, this place was my home, it felt great to be *hanging 'round the boards* ooooooh and remember the posse? lol good times.

There were a few specific reasons why I drifted off ..... and now I don't actually *serve* anyone so I might struggle for content lol but I do have sucky co-workers so hoping there is a thread about that :P

Nice to see you Madmike!!

-- Nixy

Comment

Heya!

We've got an annals section if you want to post tales of yesteryear. I'm out of retail myself, though I get a few SCs in wholesale. I sometimes recount some of the occasions from my youth for fun and kharma.

Welcome back!

Posse? You have me intrigued.

Rapscallion

Comment

I know this is maybe a bit of a hijack, but I keep hearing about "the hacks." What happened?

Comment

Hiya

I'm not very technically gifted in the whole internet/IT subjects but in affect Customers Suck has been *broken into* on many occassions - I think I lost count but it was at least 3-4 times in my day. Most of the software gets scrambled and the whole site on occassion had to be built from the ground up again.

-- N.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              Heya!

Welcome back!

Posse? You have me intrigued.

Rapscallion
              Ahhhh the posse - weeeeeell, it was essentially a bunch of regulars, and I mean here everyday kind of regulars, hanging out in chat for hours on end. We became quite close because we stopped being just *posters*. So we gave ourselves a name "The Posse" lol it seems so silly now - but they were good times, but as always life caught up with us all.

-- Nixy

Comment

Hey there.
                Welcome back.

I remember you. Not sure if you remember me or not.

Weren't you the one with the dancing banana avatar and who sang the "peanut butter jelly time" song?
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Hi there Ree

Yeah that was me the dancing narna, George put the music to it, it was a pretty popular lil avatar in it's day.

I kiiiiiiiinda remember you - when I left CS it was a bit full on and had lots and lots of members who I really didn't get to know.

Comment

I remember you and your dancing banana. I remember loving that! Welcome back!
                    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

NIXY!!

*looks at the date*

D`oh!

I've been rather lax lately—shuffling between hotel jobs and now... I've been working seven days a week since the 19th with no end in sight. The OT will make for a good Christmas, heh heh.

I'm glad to see you escaped the sucky customer treadmill and got a government job. If your government is anything like ours, you have it made. Good wages, health care, and you practically have to do something criminal before they fire you.

I hope to see you around!
                      —Erich

<Nixy> "I'm having a good arse day, so yes I will have a doughnut."
                      "They say that ignorance is bliss. But making fun of ignorant people is also pretty blissful." --Steve of collegehumor.com

Comment

I remember you! I thought you'd dropped off the face of the earth! Welcome back!
                        "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Welcome back

(Late platitudes are better than none I suppose)

Good to see you back

(formerly XXX clouds)
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I remember you and your dancing banana! Welcome back!
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I remember the dancing banana.
                              The name is vaguely familiar.

Welcome back!
                              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                              HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
                              X