Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Post+The Permanent Scarring of My Innocent Mind. (Long, but an epic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question?

How did nobody notice her putting the suitcase up there, 10 feet in the air on the top of the shelf?
    I know you mention that it was early and not a lot of patrons or staff were around, but you had to get a ladder to retrieve the darn thing from the shelf. How did she have access to that ladder without any staff noticing?

Was it a library type ladder that is used to retrieve books from high shelves? It's a wonder she was able to kick it over, since those things are usually pretty sturdy to prevent that very thing from happening.

Again, I am not saying it didn't happen, but I have suddenly started to see a lot of holes. Much of it is due to all of your backtracking and clarifying because posts are made as if in real time, but then in clarifying, you claim the events actually happened days previously.

For instance, you posted about going back to work a few days later after the incident, even though you had previously posted that you got a week off work because of the incident. Then you referred to your Uncle as "the arresting officer from yesterday" but you had already clarified that the arrest had happened the week prior. Do you see my confusion?
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
      How did nobody notice her putting the suitcase up there, 10 feet in the air on the top of the shelf?
      I know you mention that it was early and not a lot of patrons or staff were around, but you had to get a ladder to retrieve the darn thing from the shelf. How did she have access to that ladder without any staff noticing?

<snip>

Again, I am not saying it didn't happen, but I have suddenly started to see a lot of holes. Much of it is due to all of your backtracking and clarifying because posts are made as if in real time, but then in clarifying, you claim the events actually happened days previously.
      I'm entirely unsure about the ladder thing, maybe she threw it?

But now that I see my story, I see holes too! Sorry if its confusing you, I'm still in shock myself, not to mention all hopped up on painkillers. By the few days, I meant a week, at least I think.

Hmm, I'll look at everything and edit it for properness once I'm not all high, so that you're not confused. I can't quite remember things at the moment properly.
      Last edited by Ree; 09-01-2008, 12:34 AM. Reason: Edited quote

Comment

I never took the SAT. I went to a community college, graduated, went to work a couple years (whilest jobhunting!) and then said screw it, I need a bachelor's degree.

I'm now enrolled in classes in the local state college. Because I wasn't fresh out of high school and had two associates' degrees already, I didn't need SAT/ACT scores to get admitted.

...course, you seem to have your sights set higher than the local state college.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

If this story is true, it really does suck for you. But it wouldn't be the first time that somebody who should really have been in jail, but wasn't, goes off and does something really horrid.

If I were you, I'd be asking questions about the rich guy that bailed her. At the very least, the forfeited bail money (which I hope was substantial) should be made available as compensation for you. Who knows, it might even cover your scholarship.

May I ask what caused your earlier leg injury?

Comment

Quoth Technobill View Post
            I'm entirely unsure about the ladder thing, maybe she threw it?

But now that I see my story, I see holes too! Sorry if its confusing you, I'm still in shock myself, not to mention all hopped up on painkillers. By the few days, I meant a week, at least I think.

Hmm, I'll look at everything and edit it for properness once I'm not all high, so that you're not confused. I can't quite remember things at the moment properly.
            Yeah, because you said it actually happened last week, so that would mean, if you got a week off to recover, you shouldn't be back to work yet. And so, if you actually meant a week later when you said "a few days later" the day of the Harvard interview and her being bailed out at the police station just as you were entering, would just be happening now, but, again, that was the post where you also used the phrase, "the arresting officer from yesterday". (Does "yesterday" refer to the date of your post or the actual incident?)

You also posted yesterday with the update saying "Today's events" so what day were you actually knocked off the ladder?
            I am assuming you were posting from the hospital yesterday and earlier today, and the from home after you were released.

The timeframe is so messed up, it's no wonder, aside from the unbelievable coincidences, that some people are questioning the story.

Comment

Ree: I think "from yesterday" means "yesterday's post". If you take that as read, everything else makes sense.

HTH.

Comment

Wow. Just Good luck with everything!
                "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

Quoth Technobill View Post
                  Now, I can't give anymore details regarding phone lady, because Uncle Q says not to, what with the whole legality and all, but I can tell you about me. I'm in our local hospital right now, because they're too afraid of taking a chance. My leg's broken in two places, I've got a nasty bruise in the shape of a ladder on my arm, and I can't hear out of my left ear. Although, this had been an issue before, so it just may be aggravated by phone lady.
                  Oh, wow. I can't claim the honours for spotting this, but it's astounding.

In the post quoted above, and all your other posts, would you believe you appear to be posting from exactly the same IP address? The IP isn't a proxy.

While you're filling in holes, you may want to fill in that one. Starting to smell like bullshit in here.

Rapscallion

Comment

Hi All,

Just got this email from Rapscallion, and it appears I've been found out.

---Quote (Originally by Technobill)---
                    Now, I can't give anymore details regarding phone lady, because Uncle Q says not to, what with the whole legality and all, but I can tell you about me. *I'm in our local hospital right now*, because they're too afraid of taking a chance. My leg's broken in two places, I've got a nasty bruise in the shape of a ladder on my arm, and I can't hear out of my left ear. Although, this had been an issue before, so it just may be aggravated by phone lady.
                    ---End Quote---

Oh, wow. I can't claim the honours for spotting this, but it's astounding.

In the post quoted above, and all your other posts, would you believe you appear to be posting from exactly the same IP address? The IP isn't a proxy.

While you're filling in holes, you may want to fill in that one. Starting to smell like bullshit in here.

Rapscallion

The story in question happened. Over a year ago however.

The reason I didn't post it all at once is because, and rightfully so it appears from many comments is because I was afraid people wouldn't believe me.

If you want the full version tell me, but otherwise, I think I'll withdraw to lurking.

Sorry for misguiding you, I was then, and still am, just a kid, and didn't want to anger anyone.

Comment

There is probably one thing I detest most in the world, and that is a liar.

A liar who comes on CS and preys on the sympathy of some really kindhearted and caring people is proably right at the top of my list of things that piss me off.

You claim you were afraid nobody would believe you.

You know what? That's because this whole story is just a pile of crap.

I don't believe for one second that it happened, last week or last year.

You posted as if in real time and asked for advice, thanking everyone for their support. There is no way in hell that you meant that in any other way than to pretend it happened to you recently, and, in fact, that you were still going through it.

I was the mod who approved your first post. I really had misgivings about it, but I figured I would give you a chance. I really wanted to believe that this could be a legitimate "truth is stranger than fiction" moment.

This is an excerpt of a message I sent to the other mods right after you posted the update:
                      Quoth Ree
                      The update just seems too contrived. Not saying it didn't happen or that it's embellished, but the whole background just seems too much out of a bad movie plot - "the mysterious rich donor" who owns the library?... the arresting officer just happens to be his uncle?... the woman had other charges and made bail by the time he got to the police station, and just happens to be at the bail desk with a "rich brother-in-law" bailing her out just as the OP is coming in the door?... the heavy suitcase on top of the shelf, just lying in wait for the OP to get a ladder and take it down so "phone lady" can knock him off the ladder?... the supervisor just back from two tours with special forces in Afghanistan?... claiming to be currently in the hospital with a leg that's broken in two places, but the IP address is exactly the same in both posts?... Says that it "escalated in 12 hours", yet he posted yesterday, claiming it happened "today", but in the update, he now says it happened a week ago?... How convenient that the time frame between his posting and her revenge were so close together.
                      You know, if you had simply posted that you caught a patron of the library "pleasuring herself" in the cubicle, and kept all that embellishment shit in your own twisted little mind, this story would probably have played out.

You decided to play fast and loose with the truth, though, and tweak it a bit, just for the "Vinegar Boy" factor.

The moment you started prattling on, messing around with time frames, and adding a touch of drama with the ladder attack and broken leg, you blew it.
                      You just piled one load of shit too much on the wagon, and the whole thing came down on you, causing one hell of a stink.

I think, if this is what we can expect from you in the way of posting style, it probably is better if you go back to lurking.

As for this thread, it's done.
                      Last edited by Ree; 09-01-2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X