This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why I don't share

Today was my first day back after a week off and it was pretty good. One lady kept telling me I didn't know how to check to see if she had points to redeem but ya know if it's not there you can't use them. Idiot.

I hit up the burger place next to work for lunch. As I'm sure is true for many places that are close by we all get to know each other. Extended coworkers if you will. The manager somehow thought I ordered cookies (it was actually the girl who took my order) and when he realized I didn't, he threw in the cookies anyway for free. I said thanks and went back work to each my lunch.

Since there were two cookies I decided to be nice and offer my coworker one since she was kinda grumpy. She takes one bite of the cookie claims it's too hard to eat and throws it away. All within 10 seconds. I ate my cookie and yes, it was on the crunchy side but it was good. Kinda had a homemade taste and I enjoyed mine.

Now I know this probably falls extremely low on the offences coworkers make and I know I didn't even pay for that damn cookie. But this just rubbed me the wrong way. There's other stuff this coworker does that is annoying and maybe that played into it, too.

It's been a few hours and it's still bugging me so I decided to vent here.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

yeah, no more cookies for HER. :P

Comment

Eh, your CW sounds one cookie short of a dozen

If she asks in the future, just go, "JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD"
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Eh, your CW sounds one cookie short of a dozen

If she asks in the future, just go, "JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD"
        I LOVE you for that quote. Yeah, co-irker should've said thanks for the cookie and discreetly thrown it away if she didn't like it.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Full disclosure: That's most of what I recall from that show. Never really got into it or that other one, the "show about nothing" . . . but I don't dislike them.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Well, I'm happy to report that the bag of Snickers I bought tonight was better appreciated by my coworkers tonight.
            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
            X