X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious outrage over french fries

Another first world problem

Crinkle vs Straight Cut Fries

The scene:A hotdog stand in Maine. The owners make a business decision. When the place was opened in 1962 they served crinkle cut fries. In 2014 business closes. In 2017 new owners open the place up and use old owners standards. FF to 2018 new owner Finds that crinkle cut fry cutter uses crap blades and the machine is kinda unreliable. Very expensive to keep doing crinkle cut fries (50% of just fry sales are going for just blades and machine upkeep). Switches to straight cut fries. NO change for the fries except the cut NOTHING ELSE order size is the same cooking is the same.....

here is the First World PROBLEM: town explodes in outrage with the standard threats of violence and death for the whole family.

The wife makes impassioned post on FaceBook ending with (paraphrase here) I you have to make physical threats over some fries you have bigger problems.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

That's...that's just sad. o_O

I wish the business owner and his family good fortune, and a lack of such assholes, in the future.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The publicity on the other hand...

Rachel Ray has reached out to him along with reporters from a Chinese news source.

Planning a vacation for late next month. Was thinking of going to Maine. Might swing by. I am wondering if his hotdogs will live up to my Chicago standards. If not, I will not threaten bodily harm.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        I am wondering if his hotdogs will live up to my Chicago standards. If not, I will not threaten bodily harm.
        Which Chicago standard?? the BIG Hot Dog on the roof SuperDawg or one of the smaller ones (not sure if it is still there ) like Jean and Jude's way south of the airport on Manheim (loved that place - bun dog heap of fries and cheap) YYYUUUMMMMMM????
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          The publicity on the other hand...

Rachel Ray has reached out to him along with reporters from a Chinese news source.

Planning a vacation for late next month. Was thinking of going to Maine. Might swing by. I am wondering if his hotdogs will live up to my Chicago standards. If not, I will not threaten bodily harm.
          That's not NMA is it? I can just see the CGI re-enactment of the whole thing

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            The wife makes impassioned post on FaceBook ending with (paraphrase here) I you have to make physical threats over some fries you have bigger problems.
            Exactly. From what I know about some Mainers, I shouldn't be surprised. They're kind of...sheltered...up there. Apologies to any people in Maine who are sane. Your cohorts are making you look bad.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X