Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sure, just help yourself, it's not like anyone OWNS that.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure, just help yourself, it's not like anyone OWNS that.

As I was walking out the doors to the post office today, the woman in front of me stopped just outside where a bed of flowers was laid out, examined them, and plucked one she apparently was fond of and stuck it in her hat before walking away...

I was dumbstruck. It's like she never considered for a second that doing so would be incredibly rude... I mean, if I just casually helped myself to HER flower bed, how much you wanna bet she'd call the cops on me?

Is there some gene in human DNA that activates when you turn 60-something that makes you just not give a flyin' fudge about the rules anymore? Or is it okay if it's property of DaMan (tm) that you mess with? I mean, vandalizing a post office flower bed is a FEDERAL crime isn't it?

I don't care if she's 70, they have medical orderlies in Leavenworth, don't they?
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Good question. Apparently for some people, "public" gardens are free-for-alls.

Related story: Some years ago a couple was arrested here for digging a rose bush out of a garden at our biggest city park. I should note that this park's rose garden is a Big Deal here. These people were caught with the bush and a pair of shovels in their car.

They were in their 60's.

Once upon a time, I used to think that people that age had brains, morals, all that stuff. Now I don't assume things like that anymore.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Back when hubby and I first started seeing each other (I was 14, he was 17) he used to bring me small rose bouquets to school. I always thought it was so sweet and that he must have a beautiful rose bush at home. Nope. He mowed the lawn for one of our teachers and would go and cut pink roses for me from teacher's bush. In all fairness, we were kids.....

Comment

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
        cut pink roses for me from teacher's bush.
        Must keep mind out of gutter.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Must keep mind out of gutter.
          Why? You're always rolling 18 wheels down it...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'll admit I once did this. I was drunk and one of the government buildings in the city I was living in at the time had loads of tulips. I only took a few to cheer up my friend.

Comment

Pointing something out---Leavenworth is for federal prisoners all right, but only for military prisoners. Regular federal prisoners get sent to Marion, IL or elsewhere.

Comment

Most of those people have twisted ideas about property ownership. Even if one of the post office employees called them out on it, they wouldn't see it as a big deal because it's not the employee's flowers, it's the post office's flowers... And if they didn't want people taking them, they'd put a sign up or something.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                  And if they didn't want people taking them, they'd put a sign up or something.
                  Which they would then say they didn't see or didn't read.
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                    Pointing something out---Leavenworth is for federal prisoners all right, but only for military prisoners. Regular federal prisoners get sent to Marion, IL or elsewhere.
                    Actually, you're thinking of the United States Disciplanary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, which is entirely different from the federal pen at United States Penitentiary, Leavenworth.

Not that any of this has any bearing on the OP's comment.....
                    Last edited by Dave1982; 11-04-2014, 05:10 PM.
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                    X