This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To some of our customers....

I know you guys aren't intentionally trying to be sucky with this, but please don't assume that I'll be familiar with a particular website you are trying to use.

Especially when it involves things like trying to access your pay stubs/information on your employer's website.....I do not and have never worked for that company, so I am NOT the ideal person to ask about the "employee" section of your company's website.

(not the biggest gripe I've ever had about customers, but some do require a LOT more hand-holding with computers than I'm really supposed to provide, and that puts me in an awkward position)

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
    Especially when it involves things like trying to access your pay stubs/information on your employer's website...
    I hear this EVERYDAY and it makes me nuts! Why would anyone not look at their paystubs on a regular basis? Especially people who don't get a set amount of hours per week? I know to the penny how much I will get every 2 weeks but I look at my paystubs because there is other important information there.

If someone doesn't get a set amount of hours per week, how would they ever know if their employer is paying them correctly if they didn't look at their paystubs!!!

Comment

I got so frustrated yesterday because I just wanted to print my last paystub but our company makes it so incredibly hard to take care of HR/payroll stuff online and managers are always too busy to help. Plus, I have no idea who our HR people are, honestly. And I can't differentiate the usernames and passwords, as in what's for payroll and what's for general HR stuff and what's for benefits enrollment. I already have a zillion passwords for all the programs I use. It's beyond ridiculous. I'm glad I still get paper stubs.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        I hear this EVERYDAY and it makes me nuts! Why would anyone not look at their paystubs on a regular basis? Especially people who don't get a set amount of hours per week? I know to the penny how much I will get every 2 weeks but I look at my paystubs because there is other important information there.

If someone doesn't get a set amount of hours per week, how would they ever know if their employer is paying them correctly if they didn't look at their paystubs!!!
        seems you are talking about a lot of my co-workers. ALL our payroll stuff is online/direct deposit/paycards no paper checks anymore. all of our stuff is online only except the year-end payroll/tax paid total summary form (here in the US is it the W-2 form). I am one of the few employees that I know that that actually goes to the 3d party payroll processing online site and prints off EVERY single paystub EVERY payday. Heck if you asked most of my co-workers how much they have made this year YTD you would get a VERY blank look.

The downside of this required online only/electronic banking crap is NOW all new employees at my pizza place franchise are REQUIRED to go through those stupid f'ed up &%$&*%$)$#^^&$^&%$^^^^^^ paycards. you have to jump through hoops to even get direct deposit anymore (yes it is possible but not easy). It used to be you had a choice of direct deposit OR paycard. Now there is no choice and it sucks (BUT vet employees were grandfathered in so we still do direct deposit that may not last but.....)
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
        X