Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh please PLEASE fire me in the next 12 hours ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh please PLEASE fire me in the next 12 hours ...

I was casually informed today that the last manager I worked under in the tea shop (who also switched to The Mothership) is coming to be co-manager at my store ...

No idea for how long. Is it permanent? A couple of weeks? A couple of months?

Here are some examples of her behaviour

However, I seem to have missed her final hurrah.

On my last day with her, I was standing at one end of the counter and she was at the other. I had shown a customer some tea and had left the large tin of it sitting on the counter. Psycho Manage suddenly picks up the tin and literally tosses it from her end of the counter to mine, where it hits with an almighty BANG. I look up, thinking WTF?!

PM: "[Coworker] and I spent ALL DAY YESTERDAY putting these back because [Other Coworker] kept leaving them out! And I'm not doing the same thing again today!"

IIRC there was at least one customer in the shop at the time so I didn't respond. Even though I HADN'T BEEN WORKING THE DAY BEFORE.

So yeah ... words cannot describe how much I am NOT looking forward to this.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Please, oh please, don't throw me in that briar patch!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'd prefer the briar patch!
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Yeah, me again. Making another suggestion for you when I am not the one who will need to find the new job.

Walk up to her, preferably with another manager present and say, in a loud, stern voice "I let you off easy last time as it was my last day. However, if you throw something at me AGAIN, I WILL press charges!", and walk away. Make sure that as many people possible hear it.
        Last edited by csquared; 01-08-2018, 08:49 PM.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Oooh, that would be AWESOME ...
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I'm thinking it's probably not a good thing to be talking to a coworker about the details of your upcoming surgery ...

... in a place that doesn't have a staff room. So you are in the store.
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
            X