Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is social work the right job for you? A quiz!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to throw up.

Interestingly, that wasn't in the list of options.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

LOL!!! Thanks Kittish!

Comment

I went with C all the way as well, except for 7c. From your description, a puppy wouldn't fare very well with her either. Maybe a plant?

I am NOT a SW, I am a food stamp eligibility worker. Our turnover rate is 45% per year. I smoke with some of the SW's and the only one that has been there for over a year is highly medicated and has mentioned her medical mj card to me more than once.

As to the discussion, those twins are totally FUBAR'd. They will be on SSI for their entire lives which will allow them to rent a small place and hide from the world.

As to the bonus questions? the children were all returned by order of the court.

Comment

Answer to question 7: NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL.

And also, NO PUPPIES FOR YOU!

I wouldn't give that woman a plastic plant.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The correct answer to number 6 is a mix of A and B except for Sally. Sally thinks that she can save the world, that you are a stinking liar and that that people do not act that. Sally thinks that people are happy to have Social Workers in their lives and that she will be the best one EVER!

I am not a Social Worker, but I also work with SNAP, TANF and Medicaid so I do understand what you are talking about. I get the phone calls from the parents who don't understand why their benefits changed when their children were removed by Children's Services. Then I get to hear about how it is all a misunderstanding.

Comment

Kittish and Slave to the Phone, you get A's. The rest of you see me after class.

Now, here's the fun part...

Child 13 ended up being adopted by a pair of college professors who can give him a life that would be undreamed of had he remained and been raised in that meth lab trailer he used to call home. For all effects and purposes Child 13 now lives in another world and one in which, if he were to look at the sky and want to touch the stars, he can. He never had that before. Now he can go as far in the world as he wants, he can walk on every continent if he chooses, and he can see things and do things and be things and accomplish things that his old world forbade.

He's okay.

The baby with the broken bones? He'll never go back to Mom because I personally made sure of it. If I quit or got fired tomorrow, I could at least take that accomplishment with me. As an aside, it was not brittle bones that got this family in trouble. Not at all, and we'll leave it at that. Anyway though, if he's not going back with Mom, who is he going to? A family that gives this kid more love than I have ever seen a family lavish on a child. He is adored. He's become the mascot of their family business, and people from all over their community make sure to stop by just to see him.

He's okay.

The twins? They were adopted by a family (a two dad family, in fact) in a large city elsewhere in the state, who proceeded to mobilize an army of therapists and services to get these kids settled, dealt with, and on the road to healing. They're free and they are loved.

They're okay.

Meanwhile, for those of you who were wondering exactly what mental image I get whenever I think of the mom who mistakenly had a clown car installed where her vagina ought to be (aka Child 13's mom), it's basically this thing right here. Give that thing some earrings and a set of French tips and you've got her.
              Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 02-20-2018, 07:38 PM.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I know him. A villain on Fraggle Rock named Wander McMooch. She may well be an apt comparison.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Q: How many social workers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: one but the bulb has to want to change

hit quote to get A:
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
                    Meanwhile, for those of you who were wondering exactly what mental image I get whenever I think of the mom who mistakenly had a clown car installed where her vagina ought to be (aka Child 13's mom), it's basically this thing right here. Give that thing some earrings and a set of French tips and you've got her.
                    See also...

Comment

Cries over the happy ending. That is some very awesome work and their futures are much more secure than I had hoped.

I'm glad folks like you are out there doing that important work that I couldn't do. Thanks so much for the happy ending!

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                        I went with C all the way as well, except for 7c. From your description, a puppy wouldn't fare very well with her either. Maybe a plant?

*snip*.
                        I wouldn't recommend a puppy either.

However, I'd be happy to bring her a cockroach the size of a baseball mitt ...
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                          However, I'd be happy to bring her a cockroach the size of a baseball mitt ...
                          I never thought I could feel sorry for a cockroach.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                          X