This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Switch Games Taste Terrible

Nintendo uses Denatonium Benzoate, a non-toxic bittering agent, to make sure that children don't swallow the cartridges. It's a good idea, but it's comical that grown adults taste test these cartridges.

I'll just take their word for it.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

I had heard that people (especially YouTubers) are tasting them on video, "just to see"...Because of course they are x.x

DB is also used in antifreeze and that stuff they put on your nails to keep you from nibbling on them, AFAIK. Harmless, but apparently quite nasty-tasting stuff. Innovative use of it, if you ask me
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      DB is also used in antifreeze and that stuff they put on your nails to keep you from nibbling on them, AFAIK. Harmless, but apparently quite nasty-tasting stuff.
      Sadly that didn't work when I was chewing on my nails as a kid.

Apparently a side effect of my asthma medication is a deadened sense of taste and smell. The nasty/bitter stuff for nails was one of the few things that I could taste, so instead of keeping me from chewing my nails, I would instead be sucking on the end of my fingernail.
      Also why I like cilantro, I know several people that can't stand the taste of it, but when some is available, I pile it like lettuce on my food.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see the long term effect of structural integrity of the plastic adding the bittering chemical has.

Comment

As a tot I learned to like the flavor of paregoric...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

dendawg - Good point. I'm sure that Ninty wouldn't mind if it means the chips go bad after a couple of years. Customers would just have to buy more. Well darn There goes the market for used Switch games! (Wait a second....O_O)

Of course, if they're smart, they already *know* that they'll start to break up after about five years, at which point the Switch will be yesterday's news once its successor has been out for a year (or more), and few people will care.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

its also so animals don't eat them we own a switch.

Comment

I've never even tried this, and don't think I want to. I've had mine for about a week and it's been nice playing Zelda with the downtime I have at work.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I swear this whole thing is an intelligence test by Nintendo. "we laced the cartridges with a chemical so only stupid people would willingly stick it in their mouths. Let's see who passes the test."

So far almost all games journalists flunked which goes to show the state of games journalism right now.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Hero - If you start to get bored with Zelda (so, this time next year ), look up vids about "stuff you didn't know you could do" for the game. The devs thought of a bunch of nifty little things which are completely optional, yet nifty, that you can pull off (e.g. creating your own updrafts by lighting a fire). Get creative

That, or the inevitable "stuff you didn't know" vids. E.g. -- Ya know how thunderstorms tend to quick-fry you if you're wearing metal objects...? Wellll....it seems that you can still get zapped (and, yes, auto-killed) even if in all cloth/wooden gear. Turns out, the devs made sure that electricity flows down appropriate objects such as metallic treasure chests, climbable blocks...and the tethers that appear when you use the Magnesis power

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Hero - If you start to get bored with Zelda (so, this time next year ), look up vids about "stuff you didn't know you could do" for the game. The devs thought of a bunch of nifty little things which are completely optional, yet nifty, that you can pull off (e.g. creating your own updrafts by lighting a fire). Get creative
                      Did you know the Cucco death squad is a very effective weapon? Grab a cucco, go up to the biggest, meanest thing you can find, set the cucco down, bait the enemy into attacking it and watch the fun.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Ya know how thunderstorms tend to quick-fry you if you're wearing metal objects...?
                      Interesting choice of words for a sudden event that's so potent it'll give the player a heart attack.
                      I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

I'd heard about that, and saw a quick video clip -- Didn't know it was an actual feature and not just a brief game hiccup. Nice

Comment

I still like how they've applied the concept of inertia in the game, especially when surfing on a nearly broken shield. It stops, you don't.
                          I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Working...
                          X