Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And this is why you call Argabarga instead of doing it yourself!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And this is why you call Argabarga instead of doing it yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2XsY_0YIMo

Lots of people trying to tow vehicles while having no idea how to do it right.

Sometimes, the professionals screw up, too.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Clearly those guys called one of Argabarga's incompetent ex-coworkers instead :P

Comment

Quoth Valentinian View Post
        Clearly those guys called one of Argabarga's incompetent ex-coworkers instead :P
        I wouldn't want to call them to pull a toy truck out of the mud.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

So...

Attach the tow rope to the bumper instead of the frame...

hit the gas while the rope is slack rather than take the slack out and ramp up the torque slowly...

I can only assume the goal is not to shift the car from wherever it's stuck, but to remove the bumper. Possibly as a souvenir?

"Well, the car's in the mud; let's just get those plates off and get a new one..."

It stuns me how many people in that video attached the tow rope to something that's not bolted too well to the frame to begin with.

EDIT: Almost forgot the final step. "Stand around scratching your head in bewilderment at the level of destruction you were able to generate."

Comment

And sometimes DIY can have tragic results.

Such as one former coworker who was trying to tow a car with her SUV with bungee cords. Both vehicles flipped over, she was pinned (along with her then teenage son and his GF) in the SUV) and has been left in a quadraplegic state for the remainder of her life, with her son caring for her round the clock (last time I saw her son, she was doing fair - she can get around in a motorized chair but she can't move anything below the chest IIRC.)
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X