Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can be really difficult to get the mentally ill in any kind of program if they aren't cartoon levels of insanity and even then.

I know because my entire family (down every branch, and twig) is military. Going all the way back to the crusades era. If there's been a war, they've fought in it, and given that it seems to be some unspoken rule that nobody in my family marries someone from the same country as them (except the Russian part) that's a wide variety of conflicts. Funny thing, when war veterans raise kids like their subordinates rather then children, then those kids grow up and join the military to do the exact same thing, it leads to a bit of a dysfunctional family. Who would of guessed. Particularly since after leaving the military they almost always end up as first responders or go into the medical field. Female or male... But yet getting them mental help because being raised by someone whose PTSDing all over the place and then thrust into the military never went wrong... Hell, the one person in recent history who refused to go military was disowned and I remember hearing as a kid that if any of us children so much as looked at this poor guy we would have a new set of parents to worry about. Who the hell tells someone that? But the need to be in the military has totally become pathological in this family. Funny thing, when your hallucinating being on a ship because your mind hasn't quite caught up to the fact that your tour has ended, it's generally a bad thing. When your kid can properly salute and recognize different rank and insignia before they can even write their name, there's a problem. Yet so many places here won't accept a veteran if they've seen combat unless it was a combat zone that made the news.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Working...
    X