This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry drunk groom

Last Saturday night a groom along with two women came to the front desk around 1230am. He was extremely drunk and did not know what room he was in. One of the women was the spokesperson for this motley little group. She was the bride's father's girlfriend. She asked me to look up his room number and for some strange reason there was no room listed in the computer with his last name or the maiden name of his new bride. He was becoming quite agitated as it seems his brand spanking new bride was already up in the room and passed out and he was anxious to join her (understandable)

I kept looking but could not figure out the room number. I asked this woman to go to the room and come back and tell me the room number so I could figure out what was going on. I was doing everything within my power to figure out this little conundrum. Meanwhile, drunk groom has left and he comes back and demands his room key. I once again tell him that for whatever reason I can not figure out what room he is in. He storms off and drops a few "F" bombs on me and goes back outside. A few seconds later he decides it would be a great idea to kick in the lobby window. Glass is everywhere and (yep, you guessed it) I called the police.

An officer is promptly dispatched and we go looking for the groom. He is nowhere to be found. We go back to the lobby where the groom is now spotted going into a room. Said officer goes back down and talks to groom and he freely admits he broke the window. He is now facing charges of malicious destruction of property as my hotel owner will be prosecuting him. He was not taken to jail because it was his wedding night. - but really that was a moot point because a short time later his new bride comes to the lobby, looks at the window and drives off alone.

The kicker - the reason I could not find either name in our directory is because the bride checked into the room on Friday night (pre-wedding) and shared the room with a friend - and the room was in the friend's name.

Angry 'cause he wasn't getting any now... and he opts for none ever!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Here’s the part I don’t get........weddings are hella expensive. If I had gotten roaring drunk, lost my temper at the hotel staff, and kicked out a window,this getting myself in huge legal trouble.....yeah, my wife would’ve left too. I mean, seeing as I’d have just ruined a $17,000 party and humiliated myself in front of the entire family.

What an ass. He deserves whatever happens to him.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I just binged a few days of Bridezilla's and this reminds me of that but in the groom way.

So was the friend she was staying with male or female? And why didn't she tell her husband she was there friday night? ...OOoh as the world turns here haha

Comment

Well, that marriage is off to a GREAT start ...
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

name on room

She stayed Friday night with a friend to be there for the wedding the next day. Her friend paid for the room so it was put under her name. After the wedding the friend must have stayed elsewhere. I am guessing in all the excitement she just forgot to tell her mew hubby what room they were in - or he was just too darn drunk to remember.

Comment

If she is smart ...

Quoth Pixelated View Post
              Well, that marriage is off to a GREAT start ...
              There will be no marriage, she has a very early warning about how he will act is something makes him angry or frustrated.

Seeing how he acts after such a little problem should tell her to get out of the marriage NOW!

Comment

I once kicked a groom out of the hotel on his wedding night, I think it was my proudest moment in 30 years of hotel work.
                "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

Quoth Desk clerk knows all View Post
                  I once kicked a groom out of the hotel on his wedding night, I think it was my proudest moment in 30 years of hotel work.
                  I sense a story here that needs to be told
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                    I sense a story here that needs to be told
                    Seconded!!!

Comment

Do grooms get drunk and angry at weddings because they realize the mistake they made marrying bridezilla?
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Grooms get drunk. Those who get angry when drunk get angry.

I recall many stories from when my ex would DJ weddings about grooms, especially, and other wedding party members getting drunk and doing stupid things. More than one groom was late to the wedding reception because the bridesmaids took him barhopping instead/before the reception. He'd come back drunk off his ass and covered in lipstick (often on a rented tux).

At one particularly memorable reception, my ex had to help restrain one of the groomsmen until an ambulance arrived because he was drunkenly trying to commit suicide. That sure put a damper on the festivities.
                        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                        X