Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Card Exchange 2017 Edition: Sign-ups are CLOSED!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apologies for my dumb ass not getting them out. They are ready to go, but because I don't drive and have to depend on the kindness of strangers (LOL) I have had a rough time getting them to the Post Office.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Quoth Ree View Post
      My apologies for my dumb ass not getting them out. They are ready to go, but because I don't drive and have to depend on the kindness of strangers (LOL) I have had a rough time getting them to the Post Office.
      Okay, Blanche DuBois..
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
        Huzzah! Mine have finally begun arriving
        yup got mine
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• EricKei's card arrived this week.

Would have reported in earlier, but had to deal with slightly different work schedule due in part to snow that occurred on Wednesday.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Yeah. Weather's been odd this past week.

We had sub-10F lows for most of last week (y'all know where I am ) and New Orleans was much better -- Plenty of folks on FB showing temps there that were colder than Calgary or Juneau p_O
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
              Yeah. Weather's been odd this past week.

We had sub-10F lows for most of last week (y'all know where I am ) and New Orleans was much better -- Plenty of folks on FB showing temps there that were colder than Calgary or Juneau p_O
              Last week I was on the fence about whether to wear my regular wool coat or my down coat (which I wore for the first couple weeks of January) and yesterday felt almost like spring and I was wearing the wool coat, but unbuttoned with no scarf or gloves.

Not sure what it's like today, but I feel like crap and have no plans to go out. It's sunny, though.

Comment

• Afraid we have some news...apparently a whole bunch of post in our area has been found lying about-it was from mid-December.. it seems somebody was going through it hunting for cash or presents in the Christmas mail and the rest just got chucked somewhere It may be that the cards that haven't made it were in there.I shall try and get some new ones sent out,as the originals even if they didn't get opened may not be in a wonderful state after having spent a month dumped in a field
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• This is the kind of things that just makes me... Let's see, I'll stay civilized here and just say "livid". The people involved in this are just the lowest of bottom feeders. I hope that they nail their @$$.

For as much as I was looking forward to a card from across the pond, don't feel the need to spend your money to replace mine.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    Afraid we have some news...apparently a whole bunch of post in our area has been found lying about-it was from mid-December.. it seems somebody was going through it hunting for cash or presents in the Christmas mail and the rest just got chucked somewhere It may be that the cards that haven't made it were in there.I shall try and get some new ones sent out,as the originals even if they didn't get opened may not be in a wonderful state after having spent a month dumped in a field
                    Excuses, excuses.

Seconding csquared, though. Don't feel like you have to spend a bunch of extra money.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      Afraid we have some news...apparently a whole bunch of post in our area has been found lying about-it was from mid-December.. it seems somebody was going through it hunting for cash or presents in the Christmas mail and the rest just got chucked somewhere It may be that the cards that haven't made it were in there.I shall try and get some new ones sent out,as the originals even if they didn't get opened may not be in a wonderful state after having spent a month dumped in a field

We just had a report of similar shennanigans happening here in the US within the last week. A postal carrier has been fired due to dumping mail on the side of the road in Kansas City, Missouri.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• About 5 years ago,there was something similar nearby.A post guy found he couldn't deliver all his mail in the time allocated to him for his route-so instead of raising his concerns,he stashed it all.They found a garage full of 2 years'worth of mail....
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth csquared View Post
                          This is the kind of things that just makes me... Let's see, I'll stay civilized here and just say "livid". The people involved in this are just the lowest of bottom feeders. I hope that they nail their @$$.

For as much as I was looking forward to a card from across the pond, don't feel the need to spend your money to replace mine.
                          Ditto this.
                          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• Mine either, Kit. In a supreme example of irony, I found mine under a couple of bills yesterday morning . . .

Comment

• I have received some of the cards back now (happy smiley return address!). Those that were in good condition will be resent. Except the cheese that I sent. That needless to say was not happy after having been who knows where for nearly 2 months

Meanwhile,another charmless gonk over here has been sacked and arrested for nicking kids' Christmas cards--apparently they found he had been targeting cards labelled 'Master' or 'Miss' as they were more likely to be from grannies and granddads-who also are the most likely to not only have put in presents,but cash as wellk.
                              Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 02-07-2018, 07:05 AM. Reason: It's say not see :)

Comment

• I finally was able to get my cards mailed yesterday. I'm sorry it took so long I've been very sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X