This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I don't know."

This was the answer to every question that I was asked of this woman trying to connect her Windows phone to the kiosk to print photos. (A Windows phone? Really? Even Bill Gates gave up on that!)

She doesn't know anything about this phone. So we call over the manager who's pretty geeky and turns out she hasn't updated her phone in FOUR years. And judging by phone years that means it's probably never been updated. Ya see she doesn't connect to the internet on it nor does she want to.

Oh Christmas can't come soon enough this year.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Strange, these human ways are.

More research, we need or invasion will not success!
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Invasion successful, Sir Overlord! All of their bases are now belong to us.

Seriously, I hates those sort of people with the hate of burning suns. Ignorance can be helped with education. Willful ignorance is worse than stupid because no amount of education will help.
      Last edited by Slave to the Phone; 12-11-2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Not even if we wrap the education around a large cricket bat? Wiffle bat? Fruit bat?

Aww, you never let me have any fun....
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

The only thing that makes up for times like this is an old person with the newest phone helping someone use it or our kiosks. Ya can't say all old people are with the modern stuff. There's plenty out there.

Comment

What I do not know.

There are plenty of things I do not know how to do, but I do not demand that other MUST tell me how to do it, NOR do I assume it is possible to do just because I want it.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
              The only thing that makes up for times like this is an old person with the newest phone helping someone use it or our kiosks. Ya can't say all old people are with the modern stuff. There's plenty out there.
              I was doing website assist with a gent in his late 80s today, and he was doing better than a lot of people a third his age I deal with.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

My father turns 96 seven weeks from today. He uses email and is on Facebook, takes digital photos. He reads on a Kindle. He's not that good with touch screens and due to hearing loss doesn't use a cell phone.
                Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Once I showed my then 84 year old mother how to enlarge the touch screen controls, she thinks they are easier to use than key pads. She has some motor control problems and loves being able to enlarge the icons enough that she can hit them the first try.

When she gets a new phone, she struggles for a week or so, but so do I.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                    This was the answer to every question that I was asked of this woman
                    I used to get so irritated with people at the fabric store. Not because they didn't know how to sew, but because they actively avoided any knowledge on the subject. "How much fabric do you need?" Response, "I don't know, it's for a skirt." "Okay, you can go look at patterns to find yardage, or look on your phone." Response, "I just need enough for a regular skirt."

No, that's not how this works. You need to supply some brain cells, if none are available I won't give you mine. Next time bring in your Labradoodle, it's clearly the brains in your household.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

But don't you know that we're all supposed to be experts on everything!

Comment

Was your head with you *all* day?
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                        X