This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nashida View Post
    Should also add Thou shalt not call while eating, drinking, or putting anything of any sort into your piehole. I've lost count of how many phone calls I took hearing smacking sounds that may or may not be...oral...in nature....?
    I don't work a call center, but I still take calls. If you absolutely must consume food while on the food, be sure to swallow before speaking!

Though I have to ask. Is drinking something really something I should avoid doing? That's where I personally draw the line when I am on the phone.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The couple of times I got a drinker, they were using a straw to suck what I can only imagine were brains or something because my ear was just filled with this SCHLORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP sound

Comment

If you can take in liquids while on the phone without making gruesome disgusting noises in the other party's ear, have at it. The sound effects are where the problem is.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

This is so fantastically accurate - Mods can this be stickied or something? Please!
          Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
          What's the difference?
          We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I rarely have issues with any of these except #1. Account number is the first thing I need and they give me contract or invoice number. I mean, a contract number is going to be much less known than a billing account number....
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

New entry regarding not having multiple conversations at once. Too many callers today bickering with spouses/partners or screaming at kids.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

^At least that doesn't happen to me. My customers are calling from work. Our clients are businesses.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If you're calling to troubleshoot\diagnose an item then be in front of it.
                  We used to get calls from parents because their kids PC wasn't working, unfortunately their kids were at university and couldn't we just send someone out to fix it?
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                    New entry regarding not having multiple conversations at once. Too many callers today bickering with spouses/partners or screaming at kids.
                    ...Not forgetting demented racist parrots....
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I didn't realize I was so atypical. When I had to call our health insurance help line I had the paperwork in question, my card, and a pen right in front of me. I transacted my business, and right before I hung up my cat jumped into my lap and meowed into the phone, making the CSR laugh. I also was polite, because I've discovered you can accomplish a lot more by being polite than by being a grouch.

Oh, this was a dictation, not a call, but the same rule applies: Thou shalt not call from a football game. Transcribing this dictation was a hoot.

Comment

Working...
                      X