X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more $20 bills

To some library customers -

Unless you have over $10 in fines on your card, please stop with the wanting to pay with a $20 bill. I don't always have enough cash in my drawer to make change for you, and I do have reconcile my cash drawer at the end of my shift. This means I need to have enough to cover the cash deposit, and to have enough for the "set float amount" that I'm supposed to have.

Anymore that's what ATM's spit out so...it still sucks though.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

It takes some searching.. But there are some that give out 10's and even 5's

Comment

Any chance they can provide a way for you to get more change during your shift?

Quoth Sandman View Post
        It takes some searching.. But there are some that give out 10's and even 5's
        None do here, I’ll even start to get $50s if I withdraw more than $200.
        Last edited by Slayer; 01-18-2018, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Honestly, I can't blame the customers here. I mean, they could put the effort in to break the bill before coming to you, but that is something that just can't be expected.

Just bring it to the attention of your manager. They can either put a policy in place requiring smaller bills, or give you time to go break the bills when you need to.
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
          Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

One of our major banks here in Canada has reprogrammed their ATMs to give out 50s, 20s and ... 5s. They started out with 5s and have come full circle; I've no idea why.

I sympathize with you, KellyHabersham. At The Mothership we do not keep $20 bills in our tills; they go into little locked boxes under the counter (thanks, upper management, for the apparent firm belief that your employees are all potential thieves) Yet it's not at all unusual for idiots to come and try to pay for a $5-or-under order (that'd be ONE coffee or tea) with a $100 bill.

Last time somebody did that was only two days ago. I was not on the till; I was practicing my (basically nonexistent) barista skills. The woman who was on the till was the manager on duty; she scrabbled like mad trying to get enough bills to make his change. She even opened at least one little lock box and STILL had to give him most of his change in $5 bills. He didn't complain, thank goodness.

I just tell them flatly that I cannot break that bill. Translation: find another way to pay, idiot, or get your caffeine fix somewhere else. FFS, there's a BANK right across the road!
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
              (thanks, upper management, for the apparent firm belief that your employees are all potential thieves) !
              What is this nonsence?????? ALL employees steal........ why do you think they occasionally Alien Probe them.

that is why they let the customers steal and scam their way through the companies profits cause all of us peons are just dirty thieves . and the customers are always right don't ya know.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Also mostly ATM's work pretty much 24 hours and banks don't, mostly.
                ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                  What is this nonsence?????? ALL employees steal........ why do you think they occasionally Alien Probe them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3P3yYfliVo

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I used to work in a small shop and had just £50 in small change and £50 in notes for the whole day, so several people coming in at open waving £20 notes "to get change" would ruin it. I just flat out refused to let people do this, cuz otherwise I'd have no float. I mean, there was a mini supermarket just a short way away that they could change their notes at, why do it at a small bookstore?
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

The only ATM I've ever found that dispenses $10 was at the Sabine Bank on Ft. Polk.
                      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                      X