X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On no, I'm only the expert-let's do it your way

Ok

Friend B's dad died in NYC.
    Sister A is executor of the will. Going through dad's stuff being a ret NYPD has several handguns.
    Not to frack but NY/NYC has some of the most Draconian gun laws possible in the US and I even question how they are part of the US with them.
    So they can't stay in NYC, she will give them to brother B here by me in Free America ie PA and sort things out later.
    OK that needs my services of a lic gun dealer.
    Most anywhere else she could UPS them to me being an dealer, I do the necessary paper work and background check and we are done.
    BUT this is NYC
    So...
    1-she can't even touch them in that state, much less take to to be sent
    2 As a lic FFL I can transport most anything anywhere. BUT this is NYC. I may win a trial but alot of risk if I have interaction with NYPD he won't see it that way and I would need lawyers, and money due to the guns.
    So I contact a fellow dealer behind the wall in NY who has friends in NYPD who are understanding and would help by picking them up off duty, taking to the gun shop in NY and I could get them from there IAW laws of the land.
    But no
    She make her own call to NYPD who promptly comes and take them.
    She gives me a case # to get them back
    it's wrong
    Takes a pic of the sheet they gave here with the number
    it's wrong
    look it up via last name
    find right # that has nothing to do with the first 2
    now the PD want copy of my lic, (ok std proc here) a copy of the legal docs making her in charge of the will/prop, (ok)
    Letter from her they are leaving the city and they can send it (ahhh ok sure)
    Here's were I want to tell them to stick it
    A bill of sale from me
    1-there is no sale it's a transfer I can't even charge sales tax on it.
    2-I can't do that till I had approved background checks.
    Then they want me to send them a letter on my letterhead I'm willing to receive them to transfer them and I'm out of state gun dealer.

Ah I think the fact I'm sending you my Fed firearms Lic with all that handy info on it that can be verified with the BATF via the web 24/7 would clue you in to YES I can and will take them out of your friggen city.
    I charge $30 per gun to do this, I was going to cut them a break but I'm 3 months into this -yea no. But she did save me and her the $ of me driving to NY. So I got that going for me.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 01-29-2018, 08:07 PM.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Oh lord!

She got in her own way.
    Not fracking but I thought CA was bad!

Comment

CA would be easier.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

And this, boys and girls, is why we fled the state of CA for AZ 30 years ago. We aren't gun dealers, but we do keep track of the gun laws in other states and know that CA is bad. Saying that NYC is worse is really saying something!

Comment

OK people, this is heading deep into Fratching (not "Fracking") territory, and it doesn't help that several people have said, "Not to get into Fratching but (insert Fratching comment)". If it continues down this road, this thread will be shut down.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

OK let's heed that.

Back to center suck
            Customer has tricky situation due to local laws and wants to keep it simple
            I gave good solution to work though trickiness, cust did not listen
            The tricky gets down right stupid and redundant do to same.
            So what could of been an delicate but fixable issue will now be a total PITA.
            AkaiKitsune

Comment

Thank you.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                OK people, this is heading deep into Fratching (not "Fracking") territory, and it doesn't help that several people have said, "Not to get into Fratching but (insert Fratching comment)". If it continues down this road, this thread will be shut down.
                OK. We won't shoot ourselves in the foot.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Nor will we inject water into a pressurized situation to fracture the bedrock that holds us together and force things to the surface....

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                    Nor will we inject water into a pressurized situation to fracture the bedrock that holds us together and force things to the surface....

your just digging us in deeper
                    AkaiKitsune

Comment

I bought some pre-WWII M1s from a guy in NY and I have a C/R FFL. It was a nightmare as my C/R wasn't recognized by NY. Had them xfered to a C3 FFL dealer and that created even more controversy.
                      A friend moved from CA to NY and brought along his long guns but left his short guns behind with the thoughts of transferring them later. It's been five years and so far there hasn't be a solution to that problem.
                      Rosco what I would have done is just pack them up and took off to another more friendly state. What the NYPD doesn't know won't hurt'em.
                      We get a lot of NY half-backs here and they're totally confused about living in the free states.
                      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                        Rosco what I would have done is just pack them up and took off to another more friendly state. What the NYPD doesn't know won't hurt'em.
                        We get a lot of NY half-backs here and they're totally confused about living in the free states.

simplest- yes
                        Legal- no
                        I could not advise her to do that. She would face real time if caught and I wouldn't what to be libel for giving such advice.
                        IF these were hers than yes she could but all the licenses were dads and by NY law she can't even touch them. Not a exaggeration.

For me to fetch them she was looking at $200 for time and tolls/gas. Prob legal.

What kills me is the NYPD wants a letter from me saying I'll willing to accept/transfer them.
                        DUH if I called you to see what you want from me to send them, ya think I'm willing?

Yea your boned on your C&R.
                        AkaiKitsune

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                          What kills me is the NYPD wants a letter from me saying I'll willing to accept/transfer them.
                          This is CYA on behalf of NYPD. By getting it in writing there's no ambiguity or he said/she said about it. What is needed is there in black and white.

I work at an accountant and we do a lot of this, up to and including sending out a letter/e-mail reiterating what was discussed on the phone (the assumption being if you don't send a reply to the letter/e-mail arguing a point then you've accepted it as a true representation of the conversation, so good luck trying to sue later).
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                            This is CYA on behalf of NYPD. By getting it in writing there's no ambiguity or he said/she said about it. What is needed is there in black and white.
                            No asking for a copy of the estate settlement is CYA.
                            If I order a gun from a FFL all they need is my Lic # that they verify on the ATF website.
                            It will have all the info. If a customer hands me an random FFL # and said send it to here, I would check and call to be sure.
                            But a letter?
                            Well I'm going to the brothers bowl party Saturday so I'm sure we will discuss it.
                            AkaiKitsune

Comment

I don't understand it

I don't understand why people will not listen to people they know are expert in a field.

When I first started computer repair I did not think much of people not following my advice.

When I had worked five years in computer repair, I got a little angry when people did not follow my advice ... but I knew they would be back because of the lack of other repair centers.

When I had worked ten years in computer repair, I just laughed because they either took to a competitor who would charge more than me or tried to fix themselves and did so much damage I have to charge even more to fix it.

When I had worked twenty years in computer repair, if they showed up again I would give them to one of the other techs - even if I could have fixed in minutes - let them wait.

Now after thirty years of computer repair I no longer work for someone else. If they do not want to follow my advice the first time
                              (I don't mind them getting a second opinion from qualified tech, but not from just some relative who claims to know computers)

I just turn my back on them. And say "Since you know better than me how to fix the problem, then it is clear I should just leave it all to you to fix, bye.".
                              Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 01-31-2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X