This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
    I'm waiting for someone to bring a supersoaker to me to fix, but but you work on guns...
    Do you work on staple guns??? Range rats gotta know!
    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

I administer two different email servers for our contracted customers. Yep I can physically put my hands on the server but I can't tell you what your password is, I can change it but not much else.
      I can't recover or change passwords on other servers nor can I do it for you. You have to call that admin rep, nope I can't get you to the front of the line (and I wouldn't if I could.)

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
        Do you work on staple guns??? Range rats gotta know!
        No, but I knew I was having a bad day when I even missed the target with it.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

FWIW: The trigger pull/reset on the VP70 has been described by many as "worse than a staple gun"

But I guess when you have a pistol designed to fire even "junk" ammo in full-auto, you want to be really really sure you mean to fire it, both for your sake and the target.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
            I administer two different email servers for our contracted customers. Yep I can physically put my hands on the server but I can't tell you what your password is, I can change it but not much else.
            I can't recover or change passwords on other servers nor can I do it for you. You have to call that admin rep, nope I can't get you to the front of the line (and I wouldn't if I could.)
            I do admin on our Google Accounts, and I can repeat almost word for word what you have. I can't see your/the student's password, all I can do is reset, both for your/the student's protection and mine!

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
              I...but I can't tell you what your password is, I can change it but not much else.
              I can't recover or change passwords on other servers nor can I do it for you.
              Quoth RichS View Post
              I do admin on our Google Accounts, and I can repeat almost word for word what you have. I can't see your/the student's password, all I can do is reset, both for your/the student's protection and mine!
              If you created an online account and forgot your password, I can send a "forgot password" email. And how can I do that?? By going to the same website that you went to, typing the email address you tell me, and hit the forgot password button. If/when you still don't receive a reset email, I can help letting you know you do not need to log in to your account to place an order if you want to do it online and that "I would be glad to take your order over the phone for you as long as you are using a credit or debit card and do not have any items that are personalized with an image upload or where you are picking out the font or background color".

Comment

No, but I knew I was having a bad day when I even missed the target with it.
                I've had those days including stapling my finger to the target backer. Now that hurts.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                FWIW: The trigger pull/reset on the VP70 has been described by many as "worse than a staple gun"

But I guess when you have a pistol designed to fire even "junk" ammo in full-auto, you want to be really really sure you mean to fire it, both for your sake and the target.
                To tell the truth I didn't know that one existed. I've shot the G18 and the Beretta M-93. They're OK but to me they have no practical purpose other than as collectibles. I had a chance to buy a M-93 from a guy at Knob Creek many years ago before the prices went out of sight. I decided against it as a 1918 BAR had my eye.

I was working a sight-in day at the range when a fellow came it and had a break-action Savage in .300 Savage with set-triggers. He had 7 rounds and he had never shot the rifle and it had been 30+ years since it had been out of the case. He was leaving to hunt in 30 minutes and this was only chance to sight it in. We got set up and he couldn't pull the trigger. Checked the safety and it was off. I unloaded it and then tried the take-up trigger and it must have been 40# with the release trigger around a pound. For me the rifle was un-shootable, it took everything you had to set-it and then just barely touching the release set it off. I looked it over to see if there was a way to adjust the triggers but nothing external was visible. He shot up his ammo trying to get it on paper but we could never see where it was impacting. Several folks called around town to see if anyone had ammo and no-joy. He then said he had an old army rifle that belonged to his grand-father. He went to the car and came back with an M1, now we had something we could work with. Standard dope on the rear sight and 4 shots later we were in the 10 ring.

Comment

Quoth Deevil View Post
                  If you created an online account and forgot your password, I can send a "forgot password" email. And how can I do that?? By going to the same website that you went to, typing the email address you tell me, and hit the forgot password button. If/when you still don't receive a reset email, I can help letting you know you do not need to log in to your account to place an order if you want to do it online and that "I would be glad to take your order over the phone for you as long as you are using a credit or debit card and do not have any items that are personalized with an image upload or where you are picking out the font or background color".
                  Yeah send a reset it OK assuming they can also remember the password to their backup account. It's been my experience that if they can't remember one they certainly can't remember two.
                  I had a customer that I administered his email setup on the g-mail server. It was him and about 20 employees. He flipped out when he couldn't have separate passwords for mail, drive, calendar and contacts but wanted all to inner-work with each other. This guy called every other day for the whole time we had his contract, I was glad when it expired. His biggest problem was that Google wouldn't let him have unlimited space for his email and drive without paying for more space. This guy kept every email he was sent junk and all as he might need it. He also used the trash folder as a storage folder.

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                    ... an old army rifle ...
                    When I was 15 my dad paid $35 for two rifles. He'd scored a nice vari-power scope to put on his old 8mm Lebel "Russian" (under the barrel on the stock was written "!Viva Franco!") the gunsmith told him it was now a smoothbore. He'd wondered why it was taking 2-3 shots for each deer... So, new rifles. Spring '67, he was loading up on fishing gear and swung a twofer deal for some Peruvian M98 Mausers. The two he selected out of the rack were 30-06, not 8mm.

The one he gave me would shoot 5-shot groups of 0.6-0.7" with handloads. His would only do 0..9-1.0" so he had it rebarreled to a wildcat... 25-06. He ordered the reloading dies, lubed a 30-06 case and levered it into the die... and extracted the strangest giraffe of a case he'd ever seen. Put a bullet and primer in it and took it to the shop he'd bought the dies from to see if they could identify it... Was told he had the only 308-06 dies in the world.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      When I was 15 my dad paid $35 for two rifles. He'd scored a nice vari-power scope to put on his old 8mm Lebel "Russian" (under the barrel on the stock was written "!Viva Franco!") the gunsmith told him it was now a smoothbore. He'd wondered why it was taking 2-3 shots for each deer... So, new rifles. Spring '67, he was loading up on fishing gear and swung a twofer deal for some Peruvian M98 Mausers. The two he selected out of the rack were 30-06, not 8mm.

The one he gave me would shoot 5-shot groups of 0.6-0.7" with handloads. His would only do 0..9-1.0" so he had it rebarreled to a wildcat... 25-06. He ordered the reloading dies, lubed a 30-06 case and levered it into the die... and extracted the strangest giraffe of a case he'd ever seen. Put a bullet and primer in it and took it to the shop he'd bought the dies from to see if they could identify it... Was told he had the only 308-06 dies in the world.
                      A now defunct department store sold surplus military rifles. Before they were closing for good they drug in every rifle they could find. Most were only good for fence posts but about 20% were good. A retired Marine and I went through what they had and bought all the goodish rifles for $29.99 each. They were mostly VZ-24s but also some 03, 03-A3, P14s and a few M1-Carbines. As we were toting our haul out to the truck the manager offered us the rest for $10 a rifle. We literally went home with a truck load of rifles, shotguns and hog-legs. We both got in trouble that day with our wives. Thankfully the Mgr and his minions were willing to do the paperwork.
                      It took several years to sell or give away that haul. For the shot-outs that weren't collectible we re-barreled them to more common calibers.
                      I re-barreled a few carbines to 5.7 Johnson. I still have them and use them for whistle-pig control. Scabbard on a tractor fender, Mule or golf-cart comes in handy.
                      RCBS made me a set of forming dies for the 5.7 Johnson, they said they've made less than 100 sets in total. That brass is precious so I make sure I recover every piece.
                      My friend had been an armorer for the USMC with that venture he taught me lot about gun plumbin.

Comment

5.7 Johnson
                        WOW now that's an oddball.

I like barrels full of old dirty mil guns. You can find some real gems sometimes.
                        AkaiKitsune
                        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Just a quick update -

This same guy came in again the other night, he'd taken my advice on getting a new e-mail address, but was having trouble setting up his phone number as a "recovery option". He was polite, but I could tell that he was frustrated that I wasn't able to immediately give him a solution to his e-mail issue.

So I'm thinking that if I end up having to deal with this guy again, I might have to explain to him that Yahoo does NOT have direct customer service contact info, that their "help" comes from articles and forum posts that you have to dig through to find a solution to problems.

Comment

WOW now that's an oddball.

I like barrels full of old dirty mil guns. You can find some real gems sometimes.
                            Yep it was conceived by Maynard Johnson rebarreled a M1-Carbine to the 5.7 Johnson or the .22 Spitfire (a necked down .30 Carbine) as competition to Eugene Stoner's AR. It didn't make the cut. Johnson was also the inventor behind the USMC's 1941 Johnson rifle/LMG. I have a 1941 Johnson rifle. Now if I had a Pedersen device and ammo I'd have a much more complete collection.
                            A local auction house has gun auctions once a quarter, several years ago some estate guns come u, specifically 1873 Springfield Trapdoors. The wood was splintered, gouged, cracked and broken, the metal was a big rusted mess. The barrel looked like an ancient galvanized water pipe. They come up and I got them for $15 each, cleaned off the cosmoline and they were actually in fairly decent shape. Sold them to collectors for a tidy profit. I share with my siblings our Great-Grandfather's 1863 Springfield that he used to kill yankees during Mr. Lincoln's war, still shoots.

Comment

Working...
                            X