This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dumbass

You know how when you're setting up someone's emall, with them on the phone, on their computer and 99.9% of the calls they either type the wrong username or the wrong server information, honestly this call I had earlier today with a guy that needed help setting up his outlook express.

So we went under Tools, Accounts, then Add, Main.. blah blah blah. Got to the Display name, after 3 times explaining this he typed in his name. In the next part I told him "Type in your email address", he did that, we clicked next, then typed in the server names, clicked next, and then I asked him what it said in the account name field (with our servers you have to use the full email address as the login), he tells me "my email address" which I think to myself "no shit, what does it really say", then he repeats himself and says, "No, my email address is typed in where it says 'account name'"

I had to utilize my mute button, as I laughed in amazement, then came back on and told him to click back twice. In the email address field he had typed in "my email address" instead of a 'normal address'.. IE.. dumbass@completeloser.com.

Needless to say, we corrected the problem, but honestly, if you have just given me your email address earlier in the conversation, wouldn't that kind of set a light off?

Anyway, Just wanted to share. If people struggle with their television remotes, or a rotary phone, they should definitely not have a computer.
    So I tell the swamp donkey to sock it before I give her a trunky in the tradesman's entrance and have her lick me yarbles! - Hooligan from the Movie Eurotrip.

Although I worked in warranty for a cellular provider, I loved my mute buttom. I used it so often the number was getting worn off.
    Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Working...
    X