X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The law to launch a thousand SCs

http://www.cloudsustainability.com/p...ed-for-england

Since I work in a place that will be levying the five pence charge, I'm just waiting for the storm of SC outrage that will occur as a result. O_o
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Our city did something similar in May of 2013: they banned the plastic T-shirt bags altogether and had every store charge 5ยข for paper bags. Yes, there was an awful lot of grumbling and even some nasty verbal abuse, but by now everyone's used to it. For some reason, people will remember to bring their bags to the grocery store, but forget to bring them to our store.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      For some reason, people will remember to bring their bags to the grocery store, but forget to bring them to our store.
      My city has a plastic bag ban, too. I always forget them at non-grocery stores, probably because I plan better for food shopping than other shopping in general. But it's 5 cents a bag, big whoop. It's not a big deal. People will get used to it.

I actually went to a non-ban city recently and bought two small things. Before I could even say I didn't need a bag, they had put them in a plastic bag for me, and it was weird.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

My Da works at M&S and they have been charging 5p for bags for at least seven years and yet every time around Christmas he gets "You charge for bags?"
        Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
          "You charge for bags?"
          I saw that when a Whole Paycheck opened in my neck of the woods
          Verbatum, IIRC
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

My hometown has a bag ban, with a few exceptions. (Basically, the thick department store style bags and certain bags labelled "biodegradable" that fit a particular standard, along with paper bags are ok) I got stuck working during the introductory phase and people flipped out over it to the point where one guy punched one of my coworkers (she was fine, he ran off) and another girl nearly got hit by flying debris from another idiot.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My state approved a state wide plastic bag ban to go into effect in June (or July...I'm not sure which). I'm bracing myself for the hoards of SC's that will come out of the woodwork and wondering if I can shop at 2am to avoid lines for a few weeks.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
              X