This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAHHH!!!

Had one like this today...Sys froze up so I asked her to hit the reset button...

Of course she asked me "Which one is it? Is it the one beside the green one?"

Me: Ma'am, I have NO CLUE which button is the reset on your tower. I can't see it, I've never seen it in my life.
    *puts gun barrel in mouth to end 15 minute long call*

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      "Shift 2. No, not the one on your numerical keypad... the one above the letters!"
      Not in the UK, it isn't.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Not in the UK, it isn't.
        Wow, I never thought the UK would have different keyboards. Please enlighten me, where is your @ at?
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Two keys to the right of "L" - it's with the apostrophe.

We geta quote mark on our Shift-2, and our Shift-3 is a pound sign (£).

Rapscallion

Comment

I often get people who don't know the difference between a forward and a back slash. This is why I often tell people it's either the one with the question mark key or not the one, depending on what I'm referring to. No one knows a pipe symbol except some of the programmers here. If I refer to using the 'bang' then I get blanks looks until I say "exclamation mark."

BTW, does anyone else hate it when people say 'asterick?' It bugs me. It's asterisk. Get it right. Either call it correctly, or use slang and call it a splat, but stop with the asterick bull puckey.

Quoth MadonnaC
            I can believe that - check out compaq FAQ....

http://www29.compaq.com/falco/detail...AQnum=FAQ2859&
            That's awesome. I forwarded that to a couple friends. It's best, I think, because it's actually on the compaq/HP web site.
            Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

I will sometimes explain which slash key I mean by saying that it is the one with positive slope or the one with negative slope.
              Sadly, it seldom helps.

Comment

y=mx+b, right? or are we talking like, slope form, not slope intercept form?

on the actual subject, a customer asked me today if he really needed to refill his ink cartridges on his printer, or if he could get away with it......I put him on hold and left.

I was showing a woman how to program a universal remote (simple process, but i don't mind explaining to the elderly or those that dont speak english)and she presented me with this gem....

"I tried that once before, but the remote wouldn't turn the tv on so I could program it."
                Last edited by DarthRetard; 01-09-2007, 06:33 AM. Reason: needed to make it topical tropical microscopical biopical im retarded and shutting up and going to bed.

Comment

Somewhat related: How to pick up and carry your iMac G5
                  Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I once had a customer ask me if I meant "as in decimal" or as in a period when I told him to type in dot. That one threw me. I wanted to ask him what's the difference but decided to just tell him to choose the period.

Comment

Some people may associate the period as the one by the letters, and the decimal as the one next to the number pad.?.
                      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Makes sense I guess but I've never thought of it that way nor have I ever had anyone else ask about it. The customer seemed more overanalytical than anything else so I just chalked it up to that. I just thought about it when I read the thread title and thought it would be a good time to sign up and post it.

Comment

I hate to say it, but are some people REALLY that stupid that they need an answer on a FAQ about how to carry a computer?
                          Last edited by NightAngel; 01-12-2007, 04:46 PM. Reason: giant text

Comment

I'd say, yes, there are. I sometimes have to get a serial number off of the customers router. This number is on the bottom. Often times I've asked the customer to flip the router over and they'll ask "how do I do that"?

It's hard not to sound condescending when answering that.

"well, you put your left hand on the left side of the box, then put your right hand on the right side of the box, then move your right hand up and to the left while moving your left hand down and to the right. Continue until you can see the serial number."

That's what I usually say.

Comment

Quoth Simply Amazed View Post
                              "well, you put your left hand on the left side of the box, then put your right hand on the right side of the box, then move your right hand up and to the left while moving your left hand down and to the right. Continue until you can see the serial number."

That's what I usually say.
                              That's hilarious. It's factually accurate, and if said completely deadpan, very hard to be disciplined for! It's perfect!
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                                Two keys to the right of "L" - it's with the apostrophe.

We geta quote mark on our Shift-2, and our Shift-3 is a pound sign (£).

Rapscallion
                                Messed me up somethin' fierce when I sent an e-mail from Edinburgh to everyone here at home!
                                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                                X