This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronchial Trauma.

Here's my job in a nutshell: I work for an outsourced customer service center which supplies phone representation for a couple of natural gas companies. Consequently I have to deal with persons from every walk of life, some good, some odd, some horrid. I have a plethora of amazing stories to offer, but I'll start with my most recent one.

Ironically enough, I was reading through www.customerssuck.com when I got my sucky customer. The call started off pleasantly enough, with the customer enquiring about about a bill. Easy peasy, no problem. However, when the balance on the account was mentioned I got the tongue lashing of my life.

A quick side note. Customers can not comprehend that their bill is for usage from the month previous, issued in the month present, and due in the future month. This customer had just had a new bill issued for February, and she had just paid her January bill in February. Okay, now back to the story.

Now, to make this more family friendly I will replace certain "offensive" terms with fluffier words. After assuring her that as soon as we received her payment for the January bill her account would reflect the amount owed for the February bill, due in March. At this point this woman exploded, literally.

"WHAT THE PUP DO YOU MEAN I RAINBOWING OWE THAT MUCH KITTENING MONEY YOU MOTHERADORING DUMBPOSTERIER EXCREMENT?"

I assured her that she needed to calm down, and thankfully I have the power to disconnect the unruly. However, she continued her tirade, until I literally heard her voice break and her bronchial tubes begin rasping. Honest to God, this woman actually screamed loud enough that she briefly caused harm to her own bronchial tubes.

I calmly assured here of why it reflected this amount, and explained her bill to her, and explained if she screamed one more time she'd get disconnected. By this point she calmed down a little and decided to use words like "crap" instead, so it sounded more like "Well what the crap do you mean? This is bullcrap." After 15 minutes of explanation something finally clicked, and her entire demeanor changed from furor to mortified.

She had no choice but to hang up and harvest what few scraps of dignity were lying about her phone.
    Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

When I was in a billing call center, I had more than one person send themselves into Athsma attacks because of their yelling and screaming and not listening. Just a little genetic karma I guess.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
    X