This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taco Hell - was I the SC?

Stopped by everyone's favorite sub-par Texmex place, Taco Hell, the other night.

Put in my order. Now, most of the time they ask at the window when you pay if you want hot sauce or not. Once in a while they ask over the loud speaker.

It didn't help that the car in front of me must have been ordering a 7 course meal because I swear I was sitting behind him in the drive through for 10 minutes. Not an exaggeration.

Get up to the window, pay for food. Wait 2 minutes. The girl starts handing me my bags. I ask if there's hot sauce in them.

"You didn't ask for hot sauce."

She pops back inside and grabs a handful of sauces and gives me the rest of the order.

"You... didn't ask me if I wanted any..."

Like, literally every time I've ever been to Taco Hell they ALWAYS ask. But the girl seemed to be getting pissed at me even though she's the one who's supposed to ask. I didn't feel like getting in an argument so just left, but jeez. You're mad at me because you forgot to do part of your job?

This is not uncommon. Either they don't ask if you want hot sauce or they dump a whole bunch of sauce in the bag. I know when people go to the Taco Bell down the street from where I work because there is a pile of sauce packets on the break room table.

The suck lies in the worker sadly. Because every other Taco Bell I've been to has asked.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

The few times I've been to the local Taco Hell, they never ask, they just throw a few in there unless I think to tell them I don't want any ~_~

Side note -- ours is getting the breakfast items soon >_> Including the waffle taco, which kinda scares me. One of our reporters plans to be there bright and early on day 1 to try it; I told him I'd tag along just to try the breakfast burritos...and, ya know, maybe to drive him to the ER if need be
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

there's always a sign at the ones i've been to that say they'll only hand out sauce if you ask. but they always ask if you need sauce anyway before you get a chance to ask.
        there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
          there's always a sign at the ones i've been to that say they'll only hand out sauce if you ask. but they always ask if you need sauce anyway before you get a chance to ask.

I've never seen a sign before but I'll pay closer attention next time. Maybe they changed their policy recently.

Comment

Will this Taco Bell be serving Enchiritos?
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Everytime I've gone to Taco Hell recently, they always ask right before they hand me my food. I definitely think the girls response was wrong. This is one of those times where if they did change their policy about getting hot sauce, they definitely need a LARGE sign.

Comment

Taco Bells are owned by different companies. I don't know what the ratio is now, but Yum brands, the entity that owns the brand, owns some, some are owned by companies with multiple franchises. I don't know if there are individual store owners. This means that, depending on the owner, the policy is going to vary. Most of the ones I've been to would ask when I got to the window, which is pretty standard for most of the fast food places around here, not just Taco Bell.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

It didn't matter whether she asked before or not, it's the attitude she gave when asked about the hot sauce. It's dead simple to put hot sauce in the bag at the window, so there was no point in the attitude. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you say you wanted any. Drive through speakers and all that... I'll get some now," is a fine way to do it too. (I blamed the inanimate objects when I worked, to keep the onus off me or the customer. Likely it'd be true, given the number of complaints I heard from my friends about their headsets or speakers.)
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you say you wanted any. Drive through speakers and all that... I'll get some now," is a fine way to do it too.
                    Exactly. At my place of employment, all free shipping offers are tied to a keycode/promo code. And I ALWAYS ask if they have one at the start of an order over the phone. Quite often, when a customer says they don't have one at the start, they then ask why there's shipping when I give them the order total. The easiest way to deal with it is to just say, "I'm sorry I thought you said you didn't have a code What's the keycode or promo code for your free shipping offer?" Of course, most of the time they still don't have a code...but that's another story.

Comment

Meh. You weren't sucky.

The Taco Hell I used to go to frequently was actually quite good. It was always quick, the food was always good (that is to say, without problems like dried out rice or chicken), and.... they always stuffed the sack with napkins and hot sauce.

...not that I really wanted the hot sauce, and regardless of whether they asked or not, or whether I said no or not.

I've since moved and the one near me now...kinda sucks. Prices are higher and the food's not as good.
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Honestly, it's a cost savings tactic. IF the numbers are low, the manager tells the employees to not give out condiments unless they are asked. They get more unhappy customers that way, but most managers I have spoken to about this tactic say that the people who complain about it.. would have complained anyway. You weren't sucky, just the victim of a policy, and a bit of an attitude on the part of the employee.
                        You hold power over me and abuse it. I do not like it, and say so. Suddenly I am a problem.. FIND. A. MIRROR!

Comment

Working...
                        X