X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family drama at the bus stop

So you're a bogan and there's some family drama going on. Do you:

a) decide to have said family drama at home, out of sight of the public?
    b) have it in public but keep it quiet.
    c) have a full-blown argument in public, mostly consisting of the mother screaming full-bore at her daughter/son/relative about how she's disrespecting her and how she didn't "give her away?"

Well if you picked C, congratulations, you were the family that I witnessed at the bus stop. I moved well out of the way of said drama to avoid being labelled something (the mother had been hurling abuse at anyone within her path, making racist comments at one guy and labelling another girl a "slut") and just stood there watching. Part of me wished that I had called the police, since the mother was clearly making a scene and needed to move on before being hit with a disturbance of the peace order.

Luckily they didn't get on my bus! (Much to the relief of several passengers)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Way to keep it classy
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Ahh bogans... Is there any low they won't stoop to?

Comment

OK, I'll ask....What's a bogan?
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          An unsophisticated boorish individual. A person who has no problem with making a complete ass of themselves in public.

See also 'trailer trash' or 'hillbilly'. I was tempted to put 'redneck' in there, too, but most of the rednecks I know have at least SOME self-respect.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            Aussie version of trailer trash or hillbilly. Unlike most trailer trash/hillbillies however, these women were not scantily dressed. Just lacking the common sense to keep their family disputes private (although it was more the mother screaming at the daughter...daughter looked more like she was over 18)
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Basically the Scottish version of "chav". Might even be a term specific to Strathclyde.

Comment

See also....
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Round here we call em rachets
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                    Here on the tropical isle of Newfoundland, or (more specifically) in St. John's we refer to a person like that as a skeet.
                    Does anyone in Newfoundland wind up mistaking them for the other kind of skeet?

Quoth blas View Post
                    Round here we call em rachets
                    What's the origin of that term?
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Does anyone in Newfoundland wind up mistaking them for the other kind of skeet?
                      Pull the other one.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                        Basically the Scottish version of "chav". Might even be a term specific to Strathclyde.
                        Fireheart's Australian. 'Bogan' is in use down under.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Thing is, WHY do these people have to get everyone else involved? I was sitting at the bus-stop a few years ago, and this couple was arguing. Out of nowhere, the guy started laying into me and I had done nothing. All I was doing was sitting there, trying to mind my own business. The woman he was with defended me and said "This has got nothing to do with her. If you wanna shout at someone, shout at me!" So he gave me one last filthy look and then started hurling more abuse at the woman he was with.

Luckily, the bus came, and I got on. But when I was sat on the bus (it was stationary at the time), the man stared at me and would just not stop. I still have no idea what the heck I'd done wrong, but there you go.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                            Quoth Seshat View Post
                            Fireheart's Australian. 'Bogan' is in use down under.
                            For Chromatix (Helsinki), almost *everywhere* is "Down Under.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

They'll literally cause a scene everywhere, won't they? But why, oh why does it have to be near us? D:

Comment

Working...
                              X