This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Are Not A Dating Service!

Ok. I work in a convenience store that I cheerfully nicknamed Hell.. and in this store you see lots of pretty girls. A lot of them are prettier than me, I assure you. Now I have nothing against male customers. Most of them are respectful, as far as are group of Rudies goes. So, imagine my horror when my boss comes into work, a couple days ago, and tells me that a customer has asked him for MY number and my BOSSES permission to date me.. Are you for real?! Since when does my boss get to make decisions like that?!

But it doesn't end there. One of our regulars came in tonight, and he doesn't speak much English. His accent is a hard to understand too, especially when he's had his share of drinks. (The fact that I could tell he was drunk is probably the reason he isn't in the hospital right now) Well since he is generally nice, and we've known him for a year, I gave him a little half hug (not full body, just an arm around the shoulder to say "hey, you're all right with us."). I'm generally friendly with my customers, but this jerk went way too far. HE LICKED MY EAR.. It took everything I had to not bust him in the face with the mop I was holding! I stopped him with a loud exclamation of "HEY!" And my boss said something to him in Spanish which, thankfully, made him back off. I know he won't remember anything once he's sober, but that doesn't mean that it's ok to put your hands on an employee! EVER! I may be poor, and it may be hard to get jobs right now, but that doesn't mean I have to put up with this crap! So why don't you bugger off, and go bother the pretty girl at the next register! And leave me alone! You creep!
    “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
    ― Rebecca West

You should have busted him one.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
      You should have busted him one.
      No no no. He would have liked a bust in the mouth too too much!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Meh.If you can fit it in your mouth,it's not much of a bust
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

And that is why I don't touch customers. Hell, I barely touch my coworkers. PERSONAL BUBBLE, YO!

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
            And that is why I don't touch customers. Hell, I barely touch my coworkers. PERSONAL BUBBLE, YO!
            I approve of this message.

Of course I'm lucky in that most of my customers are on the phone...but we do get the occasional in-person one. I'll shake hands if they offer...that's it.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yuck. I work in a convenience store also affectionately known as Hell. LOL.

Please tell me your boss didnt give out your phone number.

If some dude would have licked me, I would have shoved the mop up his nasal cavity.

Comment

Working...
              X