This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note to self: check that prescription CAREFULLY

I dropped in today to my usual pharmacy to get refills on my two prescriptions.

Turns out I have no refills left, on either one.

Pharmacy tells me I have to get a new 'scrip from my doctor.

I call my doctor's office and they tell me I can just have the pharmacy fax them a refill request. So ... I call the pharmacy and explain the situation.

Pharmacist assistant: "Yes, you must get us a new prescription ..."

Me: "The doctor says I can just ask you to fax them a refill permission form ..."

PA (sounding aggrieved): "Okay, what are they for again?"

Me: "Drug [A] and Drug [B]." (Turns out I am slightly mispronouncing Drug [B] but not seriously. I have transposed a vowel to a place where it doesn't belong.)

PA: "Drug [A] and Drug [Sounds vaguely like the actual name but rather alarmingly NOT IT]?"

Me: "No, no, Drug [B]." (Still mispronouncing it in the same way.)

PA: *sigh* "Okay, we will fax them the request."

This has been pretty much standard operating procedure since I started using this pharmacy. It's an independent little mom-and-pop-type place and I'd rather stay here than go to Big Chain Store.

Depending, of course, on how this works out ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

The thing that sticks out to me is that they didn't warn you you were out of refills when you picked up the last lot. The chemists I go to all put a sticker saying "LAST REFILL" on anything that's run out, and also tell you when you're at the counter.

(Of course, chemists/pharmacies work differently in Australia to the U.S. We don't leave our prescriptions there and they aren't refilled automatically...)

Comment

When I talk to my pharmacy I always use the prescription number when requesting refills. That way there's no less chance of a mistake.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
      X