This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Information From Everyone

Hiya folks. We've gotten some sporadic reports of problems, and they are seriously difficult to track down. As such, I need to ask everybody: If you see any problems, however short lived, however forgettable, please please please either reply in this thread or PM me with a note about it.

When you do, please give me three pieces of information: What the problem was, what you saw on your screen, and the time (as precisely as you can) the problem occurred.

For some of this, at least, it looks like we're going to have to involve the web host for support, so the more detail you can give, the better.

Thank you.

I haven't seen anything, but if I do, is browser and OS something I should include in the report?
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

This morning at about 10.36am GMT OpenDNS gave me the following error:
      Hmm, www.customerssuck.com isn't loading right now.

The computers that run www.customerssuck.com are having some trouble. Usually this is just a temporary problem, so you might want to try again in a few minutes.

Want more detail? See which nameservers are failing.
      I didn't check which nameservers it was as I was doing my usual do too many things at once again. If I get the error again, I will look

Stayed that way for a couple of minutes then all was right again.
      Times are correct according to my Chrome browser history.
      OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

I had one of the "server is busy" things today. I can't tell you exactly when but it was sometime around 2:45 ish.

Comment

What time zones?

Rapscallion

Comment

Sorry about that mine was Eastern.

Comment

I can't tell you exactly what happened, because I wasn't paying enough attention, but on Wednesday sometime between 2:15 and 3 something-or-other eastern I couldn't get on the site.

I was on my school computer using Firefox, I don't know the version number but something old, and I think it said the page did not exist.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Suggestion - if you can, take a screenshot and save it with date/time. If you don't want to attach it here for privacy reasons, maybe Peds or Raps has an email address it can be sent to?

That way Pedersen can actually see the error messages or problems, along with URL.

Comment

KiaKat has a wonderful idea. So long as the Mods or whomever are actually working hard to fix it comply.

I know i had an issue a while back about there being too many people on the server and i had to wait. But i can't tell you when or anything. I'm sorry. I was un-aware of this thread at the time.

The next time i see it, or anything else for that matter, i will do my best to document it.
                  I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Surreal, depending on when that was, it could have been on the old server. There were a lot of issues on it, but now that we're on new hardware, that particular problem should be long gone. Now the problems seem to be a bit more scattered, which is why the mods/admins are asking for details.

Comment

Yea, i get that. And i'm pretty sure i just assumed it was because they were doing server switches or something. That's why i wasn't too panicked. I'm nearly positive it WAS during the week they were doing server switches not too long ago.
                      I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Comment

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=74322 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Here are some suggestions:
                        Reload this web page later.
                        More information on this error

received this not more than a min. ago.

Eastern time. It is now 2:38pm Jan 30th.

CLicked on a thread, took a few seconds longer than normal to load and then this.

using google crome
                        Last edited by surreal20; 01-30-2011, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Crud, wish I'd paid more attention now, had a couple pages fail to load using the most recent version of Firefox. Didn't catch time but maybe 20 min ago.
                          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                            This morning at about 10.36am GMT OpenDNS gave me the following error:
                            That might be the source of the major issue that I'm aware of. I've tweaked some DNS settings to provide an at least temporary fix. I'll be contacting the web host to get a permanent fix in place ASAP.

The tweak I've put in place should reduce the problem for everybody within the next hour or two. If the problem recurs, after then, please do post. I'll dig more and see what I can find.

Quoth crazyofficeclerk View Post
                            I had one of the "server is busy" things today. I can't tell you exactly when but it was sometime around 2:45 ish.
                            We did see some seriously high usage around then. Specifically, about 3 times the normal CPU usage was happening. So, while annoying, it looks like it was a legitimate safeguard happening.

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                            Suggestion - if you can, take a screenshot and save it with date/time. If you don't want to attach it here for privacy reasons, maybe Peds or Raps has an email address it can be sent to?
                            This is a fantastic idea, and I wish I had thought of it myself. Thank you!

BTW, for anybody needing to send a screenshot, you can either attach it to a PM, or send it to me at cs at icelus dottie org.

Comment

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

I got this at 2:20 central time. I could get back on the site at 2:27.

Comment

Working...
                              X