This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, hi

It's been a while since I've posted on here...I just got busy I suppose, not sure anyone really remembers me, but, uh, I thought I'd come back and say hello, hang out again.

Um, I guess I should say where I've been. I think since the last time anyone's seen me, I left the newspaper (temporarily, as it turned out) to graduate from culinary school, and have since returned to the paper as a court correspondent. Sadly, I lost my mother on April 27 of last year, but I've mostly recovered from that, don't worry, and my brother and sister-in-law are expecting their third child some time around June or July. My sister adopted an adorable American Eskimo puppy she named Vincent, I lost my Wally-cat but have grown close with another cat we had named Tinkerbell who spontaneously moved in with me not long after Wally disappeared. Some of our older cats have died, but we've adopted many new kittens in the meantime...Oscar, Milo, Princess Kate, Batman (who is female), and Willamena Belle, so it's still a cat-palooza.

I also went to TV Tropes and joined an RP game there, and opened my own gaming/chatting forum, but I won't link that here.

So...I think that's everything, you're all caught up if you cared about any of this, ha. Nice to see you all again.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

I missed you very much!

Glad to see you're back!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Still doing the obits?

Rapscallion

Comment

*tacklehugs Mysty*

Glad to see you back, I enjoyed your stories.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

MYSTY! We missed you!! Welcome back
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Mysty! Just this past few weeks I'd been thinking a fair amount about you, hoping you were doing okay.

So glad to see you back.

Comment

Wow! Do we remember you? Heck yes! Like Pedersen, I was thinking about you recently and wondering how you were.

We missed you..don't leave us again.

Condolences on the loss of your mother, hon.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Oh! I'm so glad you're here. I really missed you.

I often wondered what you were up to.

Sorry to hear about your mom.

Comment

Hey! Something that happened just the other day made me think about one of your stories.

And here you are. Glad to see you.

I am really sad to hear about your mom.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Oh, thank ya'll for the greetings and comments

I'm not doing obits regularly anymore, I'm more or less a fill-in worker/court correspondent, I only really work one day a week now, the rest of the time I'm...sort of a house-daughter, in that I stay home with my dad and keep things taken care of around here. He makes enough from his various retirements that I don't really need to work, but I'm looking around for something full-time anyway.

I probably don't have a lot of stories to tell at the moment because of that, but I do get interesting court cases I could talk about. Sometime in the future I'll tell ya'll about Lasernuts, whenever I can get it back open and follow up.
                    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post

I probably don't have a lot of stories to tell at the moment because of that, but I do get interesting court cases I could talk about. Sometime in the future I'll tell ya'll about Lasernuts, whenever I can get it back open and follow up.
                      Oooh do tell! Court cases are verry interesting
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Like others, I've been thinking about you lately.

I missed you!!!!!!!!!!
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

This is really bizarre, but count me among the list of people who have been thinking about you recently and wondering how you are. (You must have been sending out psychic vibes, thinking about coming back. )
                          So great to see you back.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                            This is really bizarre, but count me among the list of people who have been thinking about you recently and wondering how you are. (You must have been sending out psychic vibes, thinking about coming back. )
                            So great to see you back.
                            Me, too!

Yea! Mysty's back!
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                            X