Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bank has got around that by putting boxes by each cashier & a few on the ledges around the bit where you wait filled with pens. On the front of each box is a note saying that you can keep the pens when you're done with them if you want. Weirdly, people rarely do. They all get dumped in the hole you pass bits through under the glass at the cashier's station.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

For some reason this reminds me of the time the cops caught this couple stealing a rose bush out of the city park. They have a big rose garden that is very well known in the area. They caught these two old farts...they were in their late 60s, IIRC...with shovels and the rose bush.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

When working for The Chemists we had to put security tags in the loo rolls in the customer toilets. Why anyone would want to steal that stuff is beyond me, it was like tracing paper...
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Confession here; back when I was at school and very interested in art, I used to go to a certain public loo and steal the tracing paper loo roll they had there, cuz it was exactly like tracing paper, could be used as such and also free. XD I also wasn't the only one doing it. I'm pretty sure that was the reason why the council eventually started putting soft loo roll in their public loos...
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            ...back when I was at school and very interested in art, I used to go to a certain public loo and steal the tracing paper loo roll they had there, cuz it was exactly like tracing paper, could be used as such and also free...
            Actually, we used to have the same stuff in infant & junior school, & whenever we ran out of tracing paper the teacher used to send one of us down to the loo to grab a few dozen sheets. I bumped into one of my old teachers years later, & she said that the school's tracing paper budget tripled when they started using real loo roll!
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I bet the council members were puzzled tho as to why anyone would want to steal the tracing paper loo roll.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

That tracing paper loo roll has a different name in the US. Over here we call it John Wayne toilet paper.

John Wayne toilet paper – Term used to describe the low grade toilet paper found in public and institutional restrooms. Called so because it’s rough, tough and don’t take shit off of anybody. Can also be used in place of extra fine grit sandpaper when refinishing furniture.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  That tracing paper loo roll has a different name in the US. Over here we call it John Wayne toilet paper.
                  *I* call it 40-grit. 'cause that's what it feels like.

Comment

Working...
                  X