Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere on Etiquette Hell is a post about the member's friend, who dreamed one night that she saw two of her dogs at the Rainbow Bridge. She said it wasn't a bridge, but a sort of cave, filled with happy animals. She was able to talk to her dogs, and they told her that they loved her and were waiting for her.

It was some consolation for me when my kitty left. I hope it helps you, too.

Comment

I'm so sorry Irv. It's not easy to say goodbye to a beloved pet, but did it brilliantly.
      Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Irv
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

*big squishy hugs*
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm sorry, Irv, to hear of your loss. It's especially tough when we consider them to be more than pets, but rather family members. Our thoughts are with you.

Comment

See you later Jett, and thanks for being Irv's friend!

Comment

Thanks everybody.

This may seem hard to believe, but we've already got another dog. Thing is, it's still in its mother's womb. My mom and I asked people we work with to watch out for anybody with lab puppies, and a couple people at my mom's work recommended a guy out in the country who breeds labs, but only at the rate of one or two litters a year. So we're not talking about a puppy mill here, and my parents would never do business with one anyway.

He estimates the puppies will be born four weeks from now, and then it will be eight more weeks until the puppies can leave their mother. So we should have our new furbaby in May. We won't know the gender or color until later.

There's still a lot of sadness and emptiness from the loss of our old dog, but we;ll have our new dog soon. And I'm looking forward to the shenanigans lab puppies get themselves into.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It's so hard losing a dog you've had for so many years.

She and Bear are probably fast friends up in pet heaven, Irv.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Irv, I'm sorry you guys had to put your dog down. Take care of yourself in this time of grief.

Comment

My condolences. Echoing Akasa, take care of yourself.

Rapscallion

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss. Big hugs across the ocean, Irv.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Irv.

The new pup will be your gift from Jett, for the years of love and care that you gave her.

Mike
                          Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            This may seem hard to believe, but we've already got another dog.
                            Not hard to believe at all. Losing a beloved furry friend leaves a silence that is deafening. We found that out when we lost our cat Trouble. About a month later, we just couldn't stand having a catless home, so we went out and adopted two new ones.

Jett loved you as much as you loved her, and she wouldn't want you to be lonely. You are not replacing her, you are getting a new friend and new memories.

Last edited by XCashier; 02-13-2013, 10:50 PM.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm so sorry, Irv. It's always so hard to lose such a close friend.
                              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                              X