This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (long)cs mad cause i wouldnt take his card, given to me by a friend

today was just a real freak show in the credit department. the worst case was of these people who had this black van that was pretty much destroyed. the front end had some issues, i told them this, and they were still going to drive it to texas anyway.

anyway on with the show...

she says that she wants to pay for this with credit,

ok can i see your id

well its not my card

im sorry but i cant accept the card if it is not yours, unless you are an authorized signer (you can do this with sears credit but i have to call them for approval)

no im not an authorized signer, the other guy said that he would take it, he saw my friends id and everything, my friend had to leave and he wouldnt let him pay before he left (as per our policy)

im sorry i can not take this card.

well where is the other guy

hes at lunch (i go off to find him. he said that he saw the card and to run the card for the purchase. i said that i would not under any circumstances take the card. if he wanted to take it he could do it him self i will not be involved in it. we got in to an argument about the issue and then he said that it was my fault because i chose to leave for lunch leaveing him with a huge line of people (i had to leave for lunch by law i have to take my lunch by a cirtan time or get written up, and right now my manager asked me to watch little stuff like that because we are all under fire from the main managers of the department) that really has nothing to do with it since no matter how long the line is there is no excuse for takeing short cuts especially with credit cards)

so i go back to the customer and tell her that he was at lunch and she would have to wait for him to get back if she wanted to finish the transaction because i would not complete it. she complained about the whole ordeal and wouldnt listen to what i had to say about card holder protection and fraud, she was saying well we wouldnt fraud you we are a church group as if it would make her immune from our
    credit policies
    apperently she calls the guy who had the car and said he would be on his way back to pay for the services. (keep in mind he is on his way to texas at this point and it only took him about 20 mins to get to the store so its not like he had gotten that far)

so he runs down to the mangers office to complain about me, they come up and ask why he was so mad and i tell them he was not present to sign for his card he wanted some one else to do it and i refused to let them use the card. she said that i was right on that and walked away

the guy comes back up and is dealing with the other customer service guy who had said he would take the card anyway. the lp guy was there too they all looked at me like i was the most evil person ever.

end result the customer got a discount because i wouldnt take the card.

when i was leaveing my co worker said he wasnt trying to get me in trouble. wtf is that all about makeing me out to be the bad guy over this. the whole time he said i should have ran the card.

im sorry i am not going to do such a thing, and if i get in trouble for it i will fight this issue.
    he comes in and starts to yell at me about not takeing his card, i said its for your
    "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

wow, and to think if you had just taken the card and something did get fraked, like oh, that person not allowed to use card, you are still evil. For every *customer* who lones a card to a non-family memeber to use for random shit deserves about 10k in ID theft to teach them a lesson.....
    Tell me, "Who lit the fuse on your Tampon?"

Comment

exactly.

the whole thing made me so angry cause of how my co worker handled it, as if it were no big deal. and then acted like i was the one that was going to get in trouble over the whole issue. i like the guy really, but this is going to make me leary of him for now on.

i can just see it now, if he did take the card with out the guy there, the guy might have disputed the charges saying they were fraudulent, and then my co worker who thought he was doing some good for these people would be in some big trouble for letting the friend sign regardless that the customer had given his verbal consent. all the customer would have to do is say that it wasnt his signature.

i dont care if it was a church group, it doesnt mean that they are not capable of such a thing. and i dont like the fact that they were using such a tactic to try to get away with it (fraud or no fraud) i dont know if they said that to the managers or not.

believe me i will be discussing this with my manager when i see him tomorrow.

where were the managers durring all this you ask, the store manager had his normal day off, and per the usual, he is not reachable by phone, the brand new assistant manager went to pick up some supplies and his car broke down. the guys think he was using it as an excuse to watch the game on tv (not like we didnt have it playing at work in the waiting room or anything) i really think his car did brake down actually you should see it, it is kind of a heap.
      "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Let us know what management says about it.

This is really a mark against your co-worker for being so blase about possible fraud.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

i told him and he didnt say anything. i think he was told about it already.

Comment

Oh, i've had those coworkers before... there was one who told me i could accept a credit card payment over the phone... which we won't even do if it is the cardholder calling.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

yah we dont do that either. its just too much of a liablility

Comment

the lp guy was there too they all looked at me like i was the most evil person ever.
                Wait, did I read that right? The Loss Prevention guy was annoyed at YOU?
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

he is always annoyed with me, the guy twitches at the sight of me (his jaw and arm are uncontrolably contracting). he is always checking on the doors in our office to make sure they are locked when ever im working and then goes streight to me even if the manager is there. he has a total freak fest if im left in charge of the shop as well.

for some reason that guy really does not like me, and i have mentioned all of his comming to discuss with me about the unlocked doors are bordering harassment.

Comment

Working...
                  X