Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years (and two jobs ago) my wife and I decided to get ourselves a big tv.

When I turned up to pick up the box in the 22 seater school bus (with no seats and a wheelchair lift) the salesman was surprised and relieved we didnt have to lift the very heavy box up into the bus (I loved that lift then)

It was good for transporting doors, and timber, as the lift was on the side down the back, and there was an access hatch on the back wall into the bus.

Having access to that bus (and the good feeling inside from taking kids in wheelchairs to and from school) is one of the few things I miss about that job.
    It's like trying to get laid by showing a girl your resume.
    Look, I was good at Biology and Woodwork.
    So I know where stuff is and I'm good with my hands.

- Dan, The Gruen Transfer

Comment

Even though we do have a full sized pick up, if the store offers delivery, I'll pay the extra $$ to have them man-handle big items.
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I totally agree with Primer. I just bought a new dryer this week, and the $29 delivery charge was totally worth it. It would have cost me $20 to get rid of the old one at the dump. Plus, they hauled the old one out, brought the new one upstairs, and hooked it up. In 20 minutes, I had a new working dryer. If we would have done it ourselves, it would have been at least 40 minutes of cursing at appliances.
        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

When my wife and I moved we had plenty of vehicle space to move stuff. Between a friend's Chevy Silverado, my S-10, dad's Ram (w/trailer), mom's Blazer and my wife's Grand Am, a lot of stuff went VERY quickly.

As for the person who thought they had their SUV and had a car one day, my wife and I did the opposite one time. We went to Radio Shack and bought a nice nice TV set. I told the clerk "hey, I have to go home and get my truck, it will be about ten minutes". Well, I walk all the way across the mall to where we parked, and low and behold...we had driven the truck that day. I chirped my wife and said "Uh, honey? We brought the truck". At least it made the trip easier.
          Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Working...
          X