Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! - Boss Rush (All Opponents, No Damage)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! - Boss Rush (All Opponents, No Damage)

This was super fun for me to watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCURhF4vHEI
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Nice. Same guy has vids up there for Super Punch Out and the Wii version; the animators for latter game went to a great deal of effort to mimic the original as much as possible.
    Last edited by EricKei; 11-08-2016, 04:46 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Nice. Same guy has vids up there for Super Punch Out and the Wii version; the animators for latter game went to a great deal of effort to mimic the original as much as possible.
      I'm experiencing a bit of nostalgia myself...I'm on the list at my local Game Store for an NES Mini...and hopefully they'll call me on Friday and I can pick it up.

Comment

Nice. AFAIK, an official Genesis is coming out as well -- same basic idea, 20 classic games and a fee they had laying around; I wanna say one or both have SD card support, as well.

Go to about the 10:20 mark in that video to see what I meant about matching the old animations in the modern one
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Nice. AFAIK, an official Genesis is coming out as well -- same basic idea, 20 classic games and a fee they had laying around; I wanna say one or both have SD card support, as well.

Go to about the 10:20 mark in that video to see what I meant about matching the old animations in the modern one
          That's the unfortunate thing about the NES Mini. There's no way to "expand" the games on it. You're pretty much stuck with the 30 games it comes with.

I can't decide which game I want to play first, though. I'm leaning toward Punch Out or Tecmo Bowl.

Comment

Wow, both times they avoided Bald Bull's charge.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
            X