Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I, apparantly, am everything wrong with this country!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I, apparantly, am everything wrong with this country!

(this is my first new thread, so please be kind)

I currently work at an "office superstore" so I have more than my share of total idiots, but today took the cake.

My store, like many others, has the obligitory loyalty card which we must ask for with every transaction. I don't mind because it does give the customer some good deals and most of the time people are okay with it even if they don't have or want one. Not this guy.

Me: totally overworked yet cheerful employee
    SC: man who really needs to take his meds more often.

Me: (while I'm ringing up his order) Sir, do you have your Rewards
    card with you today?
    SC: No, and I'm not interested. (said in a totally snotty voice)
    Me: Okay, your total is $xx.xx (I don't care if you use a card or not, I
    just ask)
    SC: You mean the "Track and Trace Card"
    Me: Excuse me?
    SC: So your okay with giving away all of your freedoms?
    Me: I've never really looked at it that way.
    SC: Yeah, you're just giving away all of your freedoms and you are
    alright with that.
    Me: Sir, that sounds a little paranoid.
    SC: The founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves if they
    could see whats happening with this country.
    Me: (at this point I just want this asshat to leave before I have to
    slap him upside the head) Sir, we are all intitled to our opinions.
    SC: Oh, so you are okay with giving up all of your freedoms, people
    like you are whats wrong with this country.

At this point, he finally takes the receipt that I've been trying to hand him and leaves. Later when I told my manager what I had said, because I could see him complaining about me calling him paranoid, I found out that he had thrown a fit because he was asked to give a phone # when he dropped off a copy center order. That was against his 5th amendment rights. (since thats the one about self incrimination I'm not sure how that applies, but what do I know)

Of course now that I am everything wrong with America, next is the WORLD!!!!

What a lunatic! How is signing up for a card giving up your freedom? Either you do or you don't! You have a choice! You don't get any more free than that!

He must have gone to the Andy Rooney School of Bitching About Every Insignificant Thing.
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth jacxnomore View Post
      SC: You mean the "Track and Trace Card"
      Me: Excuse me?
      SC: So your okay with giving away all of your freedoms?
      I once worked with some people who told me that the government was tracking all our purchases made by credit card so "big brother" could know everything we did and everywhere we went. This was due to the fact that the cash registers were computerized and the credit cards interacted with those computers now. These people claimed the new Visa debit cards were created so that the government could track people who might not have the credit needed for a standard credit card. They thought all discount cards that had to be scanned existed for the same purpose.

They also "collected" lots of guns.

This guy probably thinks like them.
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Screw that! I want to be everything that's wrong with this country! It makes me sound like a mad genius of sorts.

"Who, Gun Sage? Oh he is everything that is wrong with this country!"

Mwaahahahahahahhahaha!!
        You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Well, I recently discovered that I'm the Man responsible for keeping minorities down.

It terrifies me to realize that I'm the reason my dad couldn't get a job in the mid 90's.
          Flood

Comment

I have recently discovered, that I am a terrorist, just because I accidentally overcharged someone by $1.00. Yeah, I m still trying to figure that one out
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Isn't paranoia fun?

My ex-husband's father introduced me to some "friends" of his. The woman proceded to tell me that clouds weren't clouds, they were some type of spy plane for the gov't, and the reason the DMV offered to let you take your glasses off for a ID picture was because they were doing a retinal scan. I stayed real polite, and got the h*ll away from her and her hubby as fast as I could.

Comment

Quoth InsanityInc View Post
                The woman proceded to tell me that clouds weren't clouds, they were some type of spy plane for the gov't
                Yeah, I heard something similiar to that once. Except in that case it was the plume trails from airplanes - they're "really" chemical trails caused by secret weapons that are being tested.
                ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth jacxnomore View Post
                  Of course now that I am everything wrong with America, next is the WORLD!!!!
                  While I agree with SC that the founding parents would indeed be rolling in their graves if they saw what America looks like today, I'm quite sure our reasons for believing so are vastly different.
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

We get people all the time who truly belive that the goverment is tracking beer and cig sales when we scan IDs.

Like the goverment truly could make millions of individal barcodes for us all.
                    Military Spouse Support.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                      Like the goverment truly could make millions of individal barcodes for us all.
                      Barcodes are nothing but a font. See for yourself.. Give me that, a high speed printer, and a lot of paper and toner, and I can print out 300,000,000 barcodes in a matter of a week or two.

The customers who worry about it are loonies, but not for that reason, I can assure you

Comment

Quoth InsanityInc View Post
                        Isn't paranoia fun?

My ex-husband's father introduced me to some "friends" of his. The woman proceded to tell me that clouds weren't clouds, they were some type of spy plane for the gov't, and the reason the DMV offered to let you take your glasses off for a ID picture was because they were doing a retinal scan. I stayed real polite, and got the h*ll away from her and her hubby as fast as I could.
                        Well, it's good to know my ex room mate is still somehow alive and hasn't managed to drink herself to death.

I wish I were joking.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                          I once worked with some people who told me that the government was tracking all our purchases made by credit card so "big brother" could know everything we did and everywhere we went.
                          Actually the companies do keep records of everything you buy with loyalty cards and the credit card companies doo keep and sell records of your transactions (I don't know if they have more information that store, time of purchase and monetary amount. The stores might not share that with them). The government can demand that they turn over this information.

This is why I lie when I fill out the forms for the loyalty cards and use cash whenever possible.

If you don't want a stack of cards in you wallet you can go to justoneclubcard.com and enter the numbers for up to eight of your loyalty cards and it will print them on one card.

Better yet, you can munge their system by using the numbers from my cards.

Ace hardware: 190 091 047 326
                          Albertsons: 425 721 367 308
                          CVS: 487 831 303 238 6
                          Petco: 340 214 926
                          PetSmart: 440 082 033 303
                          Ralphs*: 475 008 667 720
                          Smart & Final: 400 110 302 153

The spaces are just to make transcription easier. Remove them when you enter the numbers.

*Ralphs is owned by a chain called Kroger. I don't know if their cards are interchangable. It would be nice for someone to try a Ralphs card at a Kroger and tell me if it works.
                          Last edited by Mark Healey; 10-27-2007, 05:10 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
                          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Yeah, the companies DO keep track of your purchases, but I don't think it's for anything more sinister than market research. And I've NEVER had a credit card, so I don't need to worry about my details being sold from one of those companies.
                            Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Food Lion gives you coupons based on what you buy, and sometimes they're very nice. So it does behoove any Food Lion/Bottom Dollar/Bloom shoppers out there to use their own card.

Comment

Working...
                              X