This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just rant

4am in the morning people. GO TO BED, STOP LOITERING in the lobby.

"Is there any place I can smoke? I dont want to stay outside its too cold"
    DUDE, seriously, you asked for a nonsmoking room, and you want to smoke NOW? why didn't you get a SMOKING ROOM IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE?
    OR BETTER YET. QUIT SMOKING might help.

"WTF, THIS IS BULLSHIT, YOU ARE SENDING ME TO ANOTHER HOTEL? I HAVE A GUARANTEED RESERVATION IN HERE"
    BITCH, did you read the fucking reservation, your first night is on us if we cant guarantee your room. you are getting a free night anyway, why bitching, you are just not staying in OUR hotel. the more you rant the longer it takes for you get to the other hotel you dumb bitch. get over it.

"But I requested a late check out"
    NO ONE TOLD YOU your requested was granted, so we are charging you a full day for checking out after 8pm.
    "No one told me there is a charge for late check out"
    DUDE. you occupied the room for a day. without letting us know you were planning to check out this late.... I couldnt sell the room after you check out. I am charging you one way or the other.

"I am requesting an early checkin"
    DUDE, if you need the room that bad why didnt come a day early, or better yet, made the reservation a day early, and call ahead to pay for an extra night to keep your room, so you can CHECK IN early.
    WAIT. you are too cheap to do that.

When you are lost in town and trying to get back to the hotel, PLEASE PULL OVER AND STOP, AND TELL ME EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE. IF YOU ARE KEEP DRIVING I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO PIN POINT WHERE YOU ARE, and GUIDE YOU BACK HERE.
    AND FUCKING STOP TALKING WHILE I AM TALKING TO YOU.

"How do you turn the lights off?"
    There is a switch.... are you blind?

"There is something wrong with my tv, but I dont want engineering to come to the room. Its fuzzy, can you fix it for me?"
    Let me get this straight, you want ME to fix it. but you dont want an engineer go to your room to check and fix it..... What am I? Magician?

"I need some girlie stuff... you know... girl stuff, do you have any available in the back or housekeeping?"
    I cannot read your mind. I am a guy, I USE GUYS stuffs, not sure what girlie stuffs are. be more specific.

"Why do I have to show you my ID in order to get a room key"
    DUDE. its for your security, you want some stranger walk into your room?

"Why cant the pizza delivery guy come up to my room for delivery?"
    DUDE. its for your security, you want the pizza guy to rob you or rape you?

"Got any other places we are can go and get a few more drinks?"
    DUDE, its 3am in the morning, everything is closed, go to bed. you really want to drink til you drop? I wish you miss your meeting or flight in the morning with your stupidity.

you missed my favorite one

"why do I have to pay for both the night before and the night after if I want to come in at 7 in the morning and leave at 8 in the evening, i'm there just barely over 12 hours?"
    yes, but if you come in that early and stay that late then there will be 2 nights I can't rent it out to someone else, so to use it you will have to pay for those 2 nights.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth uthdentroll
      When you are lost in town and trying to get back to the hotel, PLEASE PULL OVER AND STOP, AND TELL ME EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE. IF YOU ARE KEEP DRIVING I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO PIN POINT WHERE YOU ARE, and GUIDE YOU BACK HERE.
      Not to mention the safety hazard to themselves and anybody else on the road... But of course, the Darwin Award Nominees never care about that, do they?

Quoth uthdentroll
      No, just stupid; if he/she/it were blind, they wouldn't know that the lights were on to begin with, thus removing the need for that question in the first place.

Quoth uthdentroll
      "I need some girlie stuff... you know... girl stuff, do you have any available in the back or housekeeping?"
      I cannot read your mind. I am a guy, I USE GUYS stuffs, not sure what girlie stuffs are. be more specific.
      But are you sure you want her to be more specific?

Quoth uthdentroll
      "Got any other places we are can go and get a few more drinks?"
      DUDE, its 3am in the morning, everything is closed, go to bed. you really want to drink til you drop? I wish you miss your meeting or flight in the morning with your stupidity.
      But then you'll have to deal with DUDE for that much longer, won't you?

Comment

Quoth uthdentroll View Post
        My guess is pads or tampons.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Wow.

I did pizza delivery for years in college and delivered to several hotels on a regular basis. Nice to know that the hotel staff thought we were out to "rob or rape" their guests.

Comment

I agree. I have also delivered pizza for many years and is that really what hotel and retail people think of us? I have never heard of any pizza driver doing that, although ti be fair I am sure it has happened once or twice with the sheer volume of turnover in the job.
            I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

re genuine pizza delivery dudes robbing etc, I really doubt that's why the policy is in place.
              More due to any idiot can grab a pizza box, walk into a hotel and say he's delivering, then try to wander round the hotel nicking stuff.

So, flat rule, no deliveries to anywhere other than front desk.

I've never had a problem with fake delivery people, but I have had a chap walk into my hotel claiming he was from the car rental place and here to pick up my hired car. Fortunatly the receptionist knew we were keeping the car for at least another month!

Comment

Whenever I've stayed at a hotel, checkout was always 11 or 12, and asking for a late checkout got you an extra hour. And they didn't leave until 8 pm?
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I want to come in at 7 in the morning and leave at 8 in the evening
                  Why would they even need a hotel room for the day?

I've never rented a hotel room for 12 hours that didn't include overnight..

.. enlighten me please!

Comment

Some light fixtures are awful. I've actually had trouble finding the switches on a couple of them. And they're all different. There's no consistancy.

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    My guess is pads or tampons.
                    Girlie stuff = feminine hygiene.

Quoth joebubby here to serve View Post
                    I did pizza delivery for years in college and delivered to several hotels on a regular basis. Nice to know that the hotel staff thought we were out to "rob or rape" their guests.
                    Quoth donruss View Post
                    I agree. I have also delivered pizza for many years and is that really what hotel and retail people think of us?
                    Quoth scruff View Post
                    More due to any idiot can grab a pizza box, walk into a hotel and say he's delivering, then try to wander round the hotel nicking stuff.
                    Yeah, "pizza guy" should be in quotes. While it doesn't happen often, it happens often enough that someone will put on a costume for some regular guy and then use it to get places they shouldn't be and do things they shouldn't do.

Have you ever seen one of those films where the good guys (or the bad guys) act like they're the phone repair person or something similar to get into a place they have no business being? That sort of thing happens all the time.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Nephy View Post
                      Why would they even need a hotel room for the day?

I've never rented a hotel room for 12 hours that didn't include overnight..

.. enlighten me please!
                      this happens a lot at the JFK airport hotels, they are red eying it in from california and they want a place to shower, change, relax, whatever while they wait for their connecting flight to europe... I've never understood why they don't just get a morning flight out of cali and then the red eye to europe... but that makes sense apparently so it's not allowed

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                        this happens a lot at the JFK airport hotels, they are red eying it in from california and they want a place to shower, change, relax, whatever while they wait for their connecting flight to europe... I've never understood why they don't just get a morning flight out of cali and then the red eye to europe... but that makes sense apparently so it's not allowed
                        It makes sense to me. Take the red eye out of Cali with a long layover (to do all of things that you mentioned.) and then arrive in Europe for whatever (meeting or whatnot) with no jet lag.
                        Can you imagine someone going to a business meeting with jet lag from Cali. I used to get jet-lagged when I would go back from NY to Germany, and I would fly the red-eye so that my children and I would not get it but I would still get it. (why my children wouldn't I still will never know.)

They were still sucky though because they didn't read the terms of the contract and as I know there are some hotels in area that do not cost
                        two days when the person has a ticket indicating when their connecting flight will come, and has an in with said airline. (This info is actually printed on international tickets.)

Comment

we do have hotels that will do a day use room with a day rate... however, we'll only set it up the morning of arrival, the only way to guarantee in advance is to book 2 nights.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            Yeah, "pizza guy" should be in quotes. While it doesn't happen often, it happens often enough that someone will put on a costume for some regular guy and then use it to get places they shouldn't be and do things they shouldn't do.

Have you ever seen one of those films where the good guys (or the bad guys) act like they're the phone repair person or something similar to get into a place they have no business being? That sort of thing happens all the time.

^-.-^
                            Also an excellent way to get into secured buildings to perform some information gathering for later hacking.

I made a wonderful point about a friend's in-building security when I was waiting for him in his office for a lunch outing. An office behind three secure accesses, two of which I watched employees enter the code for, the last I just lucked into following someone in. They even held the door for me. I made some random comment about Bob driving me nuts, and they agreed. Everyplace must have a 'Bob'.

Hey, suit and tie + briefcase = works there, right?
                            Last edited by Geek King; 10-30-2007, 06:07 PM.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth joebubby here to serve View Post
                              Wow.

hey now remember how do they know that you wherent attacked disemboweled and shoved into the backseat for snacks latter then desided to drive to grab some more food for latter?

Comment

Working...
                              X