Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was I sucky? or was the pizza joint? or both?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
    Is this order for the ('Subject Hometown Here')** location?
    **Cake for the reference!
    Think about donating your body to science if you can't make it through the test!
    Next Thursday is bring your daughter for testing day!
    Good choice, Portal. I'm nearly done with it... I just finally got to the turrets.

Take the cake and give it to someone else, unless it's magical weight-loss cake (say, a Urinal Cake? I have some fullness left for the day. Name that reference.)
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

There was a time a month ago or so where I called a pizza place and they called me back even though they had already confirmed my order. The woman had called to make sure she marked me down for the right kind of sub. Needless to say I was impressed by how professional she was about it. Because of that, the person who delivered the food got an extra tip from me.

I also agree that cussing was not a good way of conducting yourself, but we all fuck up sometimes, and all though not excuseable, hunger might have been a factor as well. It is a little weird though how the area code was not your own and I could kinda see why you wouldn't want to answer your phone...me personally, I answer the phone anyway because I'm nosy unless I know for a fact it's one of the telemarketers calling me a 102th time that day.

Comment

I know this is probably a hijack.

Was I sucky tonight at a resturant, or will my mom be sucky in the morning when she complains to the manager.

I called the resturant and ordered supper, and they told me it would be about 15-20 minutes. Then we went to the grocery store and I admit it took about 25 or so minutes there.

On our way home we stopped at the resturant. It turned out they never even started my dinner (hamburger and fries). Apparently they didn't write it down when I talked to the person on the phone. I saw while there however, another person called in and they wrote the order down.

It took another 10-15 minutes for them to cook my dinner. In that time, not only did I complain to the employees, but even had enough time to go home and put my groceries in my house, but not put them away, which probably would have been a good idea knowing my cat who likes to get in the enivormentally firendly bags.

Was i sucky in my compliants. Will my mother be sucky tomorrow when she complains to the manager. We won't be going for a long time, they didn't even offer me a small amount of money as an apology, though I didn't have to go back in to get my food when I went back to the resturant.

Comment

Quoth deafcat24 View Post
          Was i sucky in my compliants. Will my mother be sucky tomorrow when she complains to the manager. We won't be going for a long time, they didn't even offer me a small amount of money as an apology, though I didn't have to go back in to get my food when I went back to the resturant.
          No, you weren't. Nor was the Op.

About you: They didn't write it down, and didn't start your order. It would have been sucky if you had thrown a fit over it. Based on your post, you didn't. Congrats

About the Op: I didn't think pizza places called to confirm. I've never ordered from them, but Pizza hut, Eagle Boys and Dominioes pride themselves on having the order there within minutes. (Doesn't Dominoes say 2 minutes or it's free? Hmm?). They need to make this policy clear to customers then. You were told 40 or it's free, you waited 50.

On a side note, is your voice mail a machine or service? you might want to consider getting a machine if it's a service so that you can still hear it as the machine takes it
          MMO Addicts group

Comment

I order large orders of pizza occasionally (i hate pizza none veggie....) not enough for any pizza place to know my name or address. I RARELY will order less than 50 dollars worth (Two Teenagers, one a boy [shudder], me who likes a little left over pizza now and then, and my mom) and i have never had anyone call to double check my order for anything but one chinese order when they had to double check my addres cause apparently a neighbor order from there too.

i would have been ticked too, because i give out my cell phone and sometimes its in my purse.

Comment

I complained at Arbys one time because halfway through my order at the drive-thru, I was told to hang on a minute, and sat there for ten minutes waiting. And while I was driving off, foodless nonetheless, I saw the guy at the window staring after my car grinning.

I sent a complaint in through their website, only to get a call the next day saying they'd add me to the "Complaint List" and I could come in and get a free meal, because my food totally won't get spit in when I say, "Hi, I'm on your complaint list and I want a free meal!"

That being said, I screen my calls too, they really should add their name to the number...and if it was a prank caller, wouldn't the pranker still confirm it after being called back...?
              Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Suck on both sides. Next time take it to a TV court show. They pay all money.

You should've checked your messages ASAP and not have sworn, but they should've handled it better themselves.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I must say that I like pizza, and when I lived in a place where I could get it delivered, I can say that at least four different times in at least as many years, I got a call back from the pizza place for one reason or another. None of my orders were ever over $35.

I had an order that didn't go because they couldn't reach me (their fault, they didn't update my phone number, even though I gave them the new one). Not that it mattered, since the call back was to let me know they wouldn't deliver to the apartment.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X