X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not good bye but see you later

It took me a day to get this together.

Yesterday afternoon, at 12:30 or thereabouts, my dog Jett, who gave me 11 very happy years, went to the Rainbow Bridge.

I am just happy I happened to have the day off, so I could stop by and say good-bye and pet her one last time. She lifted her head up as I scratched her, as if to say "Good-bye, and thanks for being my friend." I didn't go along to the vet where she was put down. I helped my parents carry her out to the car, and watched them drive away.

Mom said I should take some pictures of her before she left, but I refused. I don't want my memories of her to be that semi-conscious black lump lying on the cold tile floor.

So, to Jett, wherever she may be, not thanks to me for taking care of you, but thanks for taking care of me. All I ask is you wait up for me. I'll see you again some day.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Irv, I'm so sorry. Nothing hurts like losing a furry friend. Keep those memories close. You'll meet her again someday on the other side. Meanwhile, she's no longer in pain, she's romping happily with other dogs, young again.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm sorry, Irv.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm so sorry, Irv.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

it's sorry I am to hear of this.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.
            My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Im so sorry Irv. I know how hard it is.

Comment

damn dust in my eye.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. *sniff*
                  Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Irv, I'm so sorry to hear that your furbaby has passed. Hugs from me.
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Comment

Comment

Irv, I'm so sorry. I know how much it hurt when I had to say goodbye to Shandy. However long they stay with us, it's never long enough *gives big hug*
                          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Sorry, Irv. ((hugs))
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm so sorry, Irv. I know how much it hurts to lose one of the furry kids.
                              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
                              X