This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well....

Yeah, I couldn't really think of a thread title.

Everyone, grab a brewskie or a soda if you prefer, and have a few fresh warm cheesecurds. This is.....just....fuck.....

So, where do I begin....so, around Labor Day last year, my brother's girlfriend he'd been dating for a few weeks got kicked out of where she was living (she had been living with some friend of a friend or whatever....this chick come to find out is very nomadic). My parents, who are obviously dumber than rocks but too nice for their own good, let her live in the basement with my brother (where his room has been for years).

If any of ya'll don't remember, I'm sure I bitched on here and Fratching a few times over how slobby things got, how this chick somehow just had shit tons of stuff, she did buy her own food and got a job, however, our house was just full of boxes of half eaten donuts and McDonalds and empty soda cans (or ones with one swig left in them that I'd try to throw away and she'd scream over), and don't get me started on her using some of me and my mom's bathroom stuff.

Anyway, long story short there, right before Thanksgiving, all but one of our local Wendy's restaurants closed, and that's where she worked, so she was out of a job. About this time, my brother finally got his own place, subleasing from a friend in the city he works in, so he'd no longer have to drive 25 miles to and from work every day. She went with him, but a few weeks later, she up and left.

Now, bear in mind, there's still a bunch of her shit in the basement. My parents did try to pitch somewhat of a fit to get him to get rid of all the extra shit after he moved out (Mom made it a point to say that when I moved out, I wasn't allowed to leave shit laying around behind me), but they gave up, because he's the baby and he usually is able to bullshit his way with my parents. He puts up a fight, I really don't.

So, here I go babbling again, welp.....ugh so the holidays come around, and all over Facebook, this chick (who is now seperated from my brother) is posting all kinds of pregnancy status updates and has that little app for how many weeks along you are, how big your baby is, blah blah, ya know?

I'm thinking, what the fuck, dude?

I PM her and ask what's up. She says it's my brother's baby, and he's not talking to her. I text my brother, he says she won't talk to him since she ran off and hooked up with another guy.

I try to stay out of it.

A few weekends ago, shortly after my birthday, I was at Macy's using a bday gift card from my grandparents, and the salesgirl was having a hard time ringing it up, so I was playing with my phone and all of a sudden, there she is again.....she found out the gender of the baby.

She texted me "You're having a niece, auntie blas."

The fecking feck?!

So I humor her and let her babble. I talk to my brother later, and he says there's nothing he can do if she won't talk to him, and they'll just have to get a test. He says, though, as far as he's concerned, if she ran off and didn't let him do anything for her, what can he do?

As of last night, she was bugging me and my mom for a place to stay again because she doesn't think she can stay where she's at the further along she gets. My mom said no, and told her to talk to my brother. She still won't talk to my brother. I said I can't tell her if it's ok to live anywhere with us because it's not my house and I can't make the rules.

Then she started talking about being sent to the hospital for dehydration and not eating enough, claiming she can't keep most food down......which of course led to my family is "punishing" her baby for her mistakes

Ugh.

My brother is out of state right now, otherwise I'd let him know what went down last night.

I don't even know what to think. All I know is, I need a pint of Ben and Jerry's, a few stiff drinks, a bubblebath, and probably a good few smokes.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Oh, dear. It seems your brother has fallen into the same trap that claimed mine: the Crazy Bitch woith Big Knockers trap. Unfortunately my brother has fallen into it 3 times now, (he has 4 kids with 3 different, equally crazy, baby mamas) but there is still hope for your brother.

Definitely insist on a DNA test after the baby is born. If she wants to try to claim child support, she'll have to agree. If it's not his, he needs to cease all contact with her. If it is, he needs to get everything legally set up so he gets visitation etc. My brother didn't and has been subject to the whims of these bitches- he went 3 years without seeing his daughter.

The emotional manipulation sounds about right too- the mother of the youngest son refused to let Brother or us see him for months at a time, then e-mailed mom that she was so disappointed mom wasn't showing more interest in spending time with and getting to know her grandson. She made Mom cry and I was about to call this little slag up and chew her out, but then I remembered that I never gave her any of my contact information and have forbidden anyone else to give it to her so I don't get dragged into her bullshit drama.

Good luck blas and brother.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

no contact with her other than arranging a DNA test. and if the tests come out negative drop all contact etc.

IIRC there's been cases where some guys still had to provide child support even though they weren't the fathers, because they had acted like the father etc.

so he may want to consider talking to a lawyer too

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        no contact with her other than arranging a DNA test. and if the tests come out negative drop all contact etc.

IIRC there's been cases where some guys still had to provide child support even though they weren't the fathers, because they had acted like the father etc.

so he may want to consider talking to a lawyer too
        I think that's only if he actually spends time with the kid, once it's born. So definitely get a test done ASAP after the birth, and don't spend any time with the kid until test results are in; and talk to a lawyer anyway, just in case she tries to cause other trouble. She sounds like a major manipulator.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I think that's only if he actually spends time with the kid, once it's born. So definitely get a test done ASAP after the birth, and don't spend any time with the kid until test results are in; and talk to a lawyer anyway, just in case she tries to cause other trouble. She sounds like a major manipulator.
          ya that's why i said "drop all contact" so that he can't be pegged for spending time with the kid etc.

any recourse if she refuses to get the test?

Comment

Kudos to your mom for refusing to let whatsername back in ... hope your mom stands her ground on that! Miss Speshul Preggie is just looking for somewhere to land where she can do nothing and get waited on hand and foot ... sorry about your eating problems, dear, talk to your doctor; he/she can help you with that.

I'm a big fan of not answering the phone if it's someone I don't want to talk to ... do you have caller ID or an answering machine? I'd be wary of responding to her texts as well ... in fact, I'd be wary of responding to her at all.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              any recourse if she refuses to get the test?
              If she wants child support through any court a DNA test will be needed if the father questions paternity, it's court ordered. No test (with positive results) no child support unless the male agrees with no test. She could try putting him on the birth certificate but I think my husband and I both had to sign my daughters (can't remember now, too many drugs in me at the time). Even then, he can request a test before having the courts take any money from him. All of this has been experiences my friends have gone through (male and female).
              Last edited by kpzra; 02-15-2013, 10:03 PM. Reason: clarifying something

Comment

Blas:
                Get your brother to a lawyer who specializes in paternity and family law--drag him kicking and screaming, if necessary (yes, Mods, I mean figuratively). What he has to spend will be a drop in the bucket relative to the child support he will otherwise be paying.

He needs a DNA test--am I the only one who finds it hard to believe that he's the only one Ms. Psycho has been doing?

Your parents also need some legal counsel about getting rid of her posessions. They may have to put it in storage for her like I ended up doing for my crack-loving ex-gf. Good for your folks for not letting her move back in.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Oh shit. I agree with TGK on getting a lawyer and a DNA test. I'm crossing my fingers he's not the father and that you can get rid of the psycho for good.
                  Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 02-15-2013, 07:36 PM.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Oh, I don't even care who knows it. The next time I see that fucking lumberjack, he's getting a swat upside the head.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                    X