No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two nights ago my upstairs neighbors were talking at normal volume until 2:00 in the fucking morning...and I had to get up at 6:20 AM. I think I got less than three hours' of broken, unsatisfying sleep and had to stumble through a six-hour workshift. Hey, I don't care if it's the weekend, SOME of us have to get up early and need to be properly rested.

Comment

• I guess I can't call it sucky but I hate that you don't run your AC, even when it's near 90 outside. All your heat comes up here in summer.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        Two nights ago my upstairs neighbors were talking at normal volume until 2:00 in the fucking morning....
        Damn and you could hear them? That's insanely thin. I hear all kinds of banging and noise from upstairs but not talking. Now I end up talking with my partners in the middle of the night at a loud volume quite often, I don't know if they hear that or not but if they do too damn bad, makes up for the constant noise all hours of the day and night with their damn kids running and jumping in the house like it's a playground.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• I bought a condo 3 years ago. Lovely place, in an over-50 neighborhood. All of the 'condos' look like small one-story homes, in rows. Nobody upstairs banging around, and nobody downstairs at all (except for worms under the concrete slab). Some of my neighbors are retired, some are extremely elderly, and very few are noisy.
          HOWEVER (you knew there was a however, didn't you?), my home is at the back of the complex, and behind my house is a tall fence. Behind that fence is another bunch of houses, don't know if it's a development or not, but they're young, and NOISY. One house in particular plays music so loudly that the windows rattle in our houses. You know it's loud when the mostly-deaf neighbor complains.
          So I have the local police on speed-dial. I'm not afraid to complain. (Let me tell you sometime about the apartment dwellers I had evicted. Never underestimate the appeal of being the quiet tenant who pays her rent on time). Anywho......I called and called and called the police, until one time I called, and said, 'I looked up the noise ordinances for this area, and apparently the violators are supposed to be fined $350 for each complaint. I'm guessing by the frequency of these calls, that that is NOT happening.' The cop on the phone got a little snippy with me, and hung up.
          It's been blessed quiet ever since. MONTHS of it.
          I'm a reasonable person. I live in a highly-populated area. I do not expect it to be as quiet as a tomb, but if I can't sit in my living room, with my very-expensive noise-blocking windows shut, and hear my TV (that's a whole 10 feet away), I WILL CALL. And continue to call.
          I still hear music, at a reasonable level. It's actually nice music. And my windows don't rattle.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I guess I can't call it sucky but I hate that you don't run your AC, even when it's near 90 outside. All your heat comes up here in summer.
            ...y'know, that's probably why they don't run their AC. All the heat goes up so they don't need to.

Comment

• Guys, it's great you have a dog again. I'm sure you missed having one since your last passed a couple of years ago. But could you possibly train 'em to not flip their shit every time something moves outside "their" fence?
              Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
              They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• I left my apartment today to run some errands and noticed a small piece of paper taped to my door.

It read "STINKS."

Mentioned it to somebody else who was taking the elevator at the same time, and he laughed when I said I have two cats but scoop their litterboxes twice daily.

Neighbour: "It's her ... the woman across from you. She hates cats." Apparently she has complained about or to every person on this floor who owns a cat. She did light into me once when one of my cats got out and was running in the hallway.

Yeah, it's possible it's somebody else, but ...

In any case, I taped a note to the original note: "IF YOU ARE TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO SIGN YOUR NAME, DON'T EXPECT ME TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY."

So this weekend I will spend my time making sure my little place is pin-neat, just in case she actually goes to management to make a formal complaint and they want to come in and look around.

Minor update: I did spend the weekend doing some cleaning and straightening, and later in the evening I asked another resident if she'd come up with me and tell me if SHE could smell anything unpleasant. She smelled nothing in the hallway and nothing offensive when she stepped INTO the apartment (the apartment does have smells, of course, because somebody lives here ... cooking, soap, and today, cleaning fluids ...)

I mentioned that somebody else had said it was the woman across from me and the resident said "Oh HER. She complains about everybody." And apparently my belief that she never leaves her apartment is totally wrong; other resident said she is downstairs all the time, trying to pick up on gossip. (Personally, I think Other Resident has my neighbour confused with somebody else who is also rather unpleasant ... but then again it's possible I am wrong.)

Anyway, I'm going to go into the office tomorrow and ask if somebody there has a few minutes to come upstairs and check. If they say they don't notice anything objectionable, then whoever wrote the note can take a long walk off a short pier.
                Last edited by Pixelated; 08-18-2019, 11:35 PM.
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• It is TWO-FORTY-FIVE IN THE A.M., sir...why are your kids suddenly playing loud music?! I don't care if it's Sunday, SOME of us need to up be up an hour early for work.

Comment

• Quoth Valentinian View Post
                    ...y'know, that's probably why they don't run their AC. All the heat goes up so they don't need to.
                    This is why I don't turn my heat on in the winter ... I'm the recipient of 13 floors' worth of heat.
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                      I left my apartment today to run some errands and noticed a small piece of paper taped to my door.

It read "STINKS."

Mentioned it to somebody else who was taking the elevator at the same time, and he laughed when I said I have two cats but scoop their litterboxes twice daily.

Neighbour: "It's her ... the woman across from you. She hates cats." Apparently she has complained about or to every person on this floor who owns a cat. She did light into me once when one of my cats got out and was running in the hallway.

Yeah, it's possible it's somebody else, but ...

In any case, I taped a note to the original note: "IF YOU ARE TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO SIGN YOUR NAME, DON'T EXPECT ME TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY."

*snip*
                      Stepped outside today aaaand ... both notes are gone.

This place is interesting, to say the least, LOL.
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Your neighbors are weird.

Comment

• I think this sort of thing might be common in communal living buildings full of retirees ... too many of whom have nothing to do with their time but watch everybody else and come up with imaginary problems.

We also lost the leader of our Craft Club because of a romantic triangle ...
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I remember the 55+ apartment building my grandma lived in being... Interesting. In the middle of each floor, where the elevator opened to, was a small space with couches and usually a card table. Each floor had it's own little gang of mean old people who'd gossip there all day and watch the comings and goings. My grandma was fairly spry so she didn't interact with them much since she used the stairs, but whenever my mom and I brought up groceries in the elevator we'd hear them. Sad was what it was.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• STOP YELLING ACROSS THE COURTYARD AT MIDNIGHT. Sometimes, just sometimes, people sleep at night.

Comment

• And tonight we have the revving engines at 11:49 pm. Sometimes I wish for rain so no one goes outside at night.

Comment

Working...
                                X