This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both of them yelled at me

A couple who had a reservation arrived to check into the hotel. I asked for ID and payment and I was told it was already paid. I look at the reservation and no, it was not.

I stated that it was not prepaid and indeed I would need a credit card. Both the husband and wife went off on me - yelling that they were not giving me a credit card because they had been double charged at another hotel and no way, no how it was not happening again.

I handed back the ID and said ok - have a good night then. They processed this for a hot second and the wife blurted out - fine, give him the card. She quickly turned to me and yelled some more about how they better not get charged twice.

I tried to explain how when you check into a hotel you are authorized for room and tax and then charged at check out - and the authorization falls off after a couple days.
    She yelled some more - and if they get double charged they were calling corporate.

I sincerely hope they do so someone can finally get it through to these nutjobs how credit cards work.

See, I'm not familiar with that process because I haven't paid for a hotel room in over 15 years and I paid cash then. But instead of screaming at you I'd have asked a couple of questions for clarification. You'd have explained it as you did here and I would've been educated and thanked you. It's not that hard to be nice to people in the service industry.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Keep in mind a key word in your last sentence: "people". To SCs, we do not qualify as such. We are machinery to be abused when it "malfunctions" by not doing exactly as they wish.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
      X