X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Listen To What I'm Saying

Minor one just now.

At The Client, we have a system I'll call RAS (Request Applications System) that users are supposed to use to get accounts created/enabled or gain access to apps and other systems used here. However, before any user can submit a request through RAS, they have to submit an affiliation request, which affiliates their name with their organization within The Client, and thus tells RAS what they are permitted to have access to.

User calls up because her affiliation in RAS is due to expire and she needs to know how to take care of this. It becomes clear she thinks the process is different because she moved to the "ENVY" environment from the old environment, which I'll call "ONE."

J2K: "No, ma'am, it works the same in ENVY as it did in ONE."
    Her: "Oh, so I open [old mail program]?"
    J2K: "No, ma'am. Open up your web browser, it's a web-based application."
    Her: "But I'm on ENVY."
    J2K: "Yes, ma'am, but that doesn't matter. It works the same on ENVY as it does in ONE."
    Her: "So I open up [new mail program]?"
    J2K: "...no, ma'am. Open up your web browser."

She eventually does do this, and after just a few more hiccups (her RAS affiliation wasn't due to expire, it had expired. She had no affiliations in RAS to renew), we eventually got her affiliation sorted out.

It was just that little hiccup of her not listening to what I was saying.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

You have my sympathy! I deal with the same thing. Every day, I have customers who answer the question, "May I have the last four digits of the card you're calling about?" with the last 4 digits of their SSN. Sometimes I have to ask, "What is your credit card number?" and they give me just the last 4 digits of the card; then they get upset when I have to repeat myself and specify that I need the full account number.

I had a call just this morning that I answered with the usual, "Thank you for calling card services! This is Headset. May I have your full name please?" The caller gave me his name and I said, "Thank you, Mr. Customer, and what is your credit card number?"

"My credit card number?!"

"Yes, sir; I need your full account number, please."

"I'm not calling about no credit card!"

"I apologize, sir; it appears that you've been routed through to the wrong department. What type of account are you calling about?"

"I'm calling about my truck!" Okaaay...maybe he has an auto loan with us?

Nope. When I asked him which department he was trying to reach so that I could transfer him, he answered, "The Department of Motor Vehicles!" His tone of voice implied that I was a complete idiot and he just could not believe how stupid I was. I was too happy to inform him that he had dialed the wrong number and reached Big Bank by mistake.

Call me crazy, but the last time I called the DMV, I'm pretty sure that the greeting did not include the words, "card services." I've also never waited on hold to speak with someone at the DMV and listened to messages advertising banking services the entire time, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.
    Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

In a completely twisted, moronic way, it makes sense. When you go to a bar or buy liquor, you get CARDED and have to show your drivers license.

:-)
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Actually, you don't need to show them your driver's license. You have 2 alternatives:

1) Show them your passport or other acceptable ID.
        2) Leave without the booze.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X