This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found on FML

While delaying the inevitable untangling of the christmas tree lights, I stopped on the FML website. Here was today's nightmare:

Triple Dog Dare
    Today, I was teaching my microbiology lab class as a graduate TA. Some dumbass frat boy dared his friend to drink a tube of E. coli and the idiot did it. Now everything in the lab is contaminated with vomit. FML
    http://www.fmylife.com/article/tripl...re_254237.html

Someone people should just be Darwin award winners already.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I am increasingly convinced that humans don't seem to have any idea that predicting negative consequences, and not doing something because of those consequences, is more important than a momentary thrill.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
      Some dumbass frat boy dared his friend to drink a tube of E. coli and the idiot did it. Now everything in the lab is contaminated with vomit. FML
      Some people should just be Darwin award winners already.
      This is the science lab equivilant of "Here. Hold my beer...... Watch this...."
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Why don't I buy some of these stories? Like some of the ones on NAR, where it just so happens that the customer "runs out of the store" and "everybody cheered"?

Not saying they're not true...but perhaps embellished a little...

Because if someone gets infected with e. Coli, symptoms aren't immediate -- are they?? I mean, WikiPedia says the incubation period is anywhere between 1 and 10 days.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          Because if someone gets infected with e. Coli, symptoms aren't immediate -- are they?? I mean, WikiPedia says the incubation period is anywhere between 1 and 10 days.
          I think a vial full of e. coli is a lot more than what would be in some tainted food. A whole lot more. Thus a quicker reaction would be expected.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            I think a vial full of e. coli is a lot more than what would be in some tainted food. A whole lot more. Thus a quicker reaction would be expected.
            Also there's the psychological factor....

Comment

And lets not forget that it's possible that it tasted horrible. kind of the body's was of trying to protect itself from the clown in the empty space up top.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                And lets not forget that it's possible that it tasted horrible. kind of the body's was of trying to protect itself from the clown in the empty space up top.
                Yeah, the quality of upper management is always a crap-shoot.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                X