This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passive pwnage (TV sighting)

So I've mentioned that recently I've been catching up on Hell's Kitchen episodes. This is the US version, not the UK version. For the unfamiliar, it's basically a fine dining cooking challenge run by Gordon Ramsay. They all compete to win the position of head chef at one of his restaurants, or at a restaurant that they own themselves.

This is from the earlier seasons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aaWy...eature=related

Basically, Elsie is making caesar salad (and also fruit flambe) tableside, a customer complains about his salad...JP's line shortly after that just has me cracking up (around 3:40 or so for the start of Elsie's interaction with said customer and JP comes in at around 4:00)

Oh and the people who say stuff about there being a lot of smoke are Maryann (I think-it's either Maryann or Gloria) and Scott, the sous chefs. They're taking the night off .
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I love Hell's Kitchen....I think I've seen every episode.

Hubby and I still like to yell "Dirty bowl Jimmy!" at each other.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

although the woman was polite to him... you could tell the customer KNEW what they were thinking.

but couldn't say anything about it cos... they were doing what he asked for, very politely

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
        I love Hell's Kitchen....I think I've seen every episode.

Hubby and I still like to yell "Dirty bowl Jimmy!" at each other.
        I'm gradually catching up-we don't have it in Australia, or if we do, it's on pay-TV which I DON'T have. I've seen maybe 2-3 episodes of Season 2 on TV (they used to play it on one of the channels VERY late due to the language), but the rest are all on youtube.

I love JP as well-he puts up with a LOT of stuff from customers and staff alike, but is also there for the challengers. He encouraged Andrea to fight back in Season 5 and tried to do the same to Andrew (season 7), and has been known to joke around with them-example is during Season 4(?) when the Blue team is doing laundry and JP just brings in this GIGANTIC crab and starts joking around with it.

Best moment in Hell's Kitchen hands down though, is Mini-Gordon. This is during one of hte Season 6 episodes, where he puts on this little performance and goes to Dave "Dave, if you were a horse, I would've shot you by now!" (Dave broke his wrist and was wearing a cast)

And just for Becks, if you go to Part 2/3 of the fourth episode of Season 6, you get to hear the Candy Mountain Song

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          I'm gradually catching up-we don't have it in Australia, or if we do, it's on pay-TV which I DON'T have.
          hmm full episodes are online at fox.com the day after they air

and if you pay attention to the end party for the winner of season 7-the winner of season six is also at the party....
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

It's also on youtube. I've been watching the seasons on there. Season 2, I still think Virginia was like...blowing the producers or something. I really hate to say that, but holy shit, she SUCKED. So so so badly.

Anyway. I love all the pwnage moments in Hell's Kitchen. It's like...Chef Ramsay can be nice and polite to customers, but they better wait a fucking moment already. Like the woman with the giant boobs who pulled a HUGE EW moment by upturning all the dishes on the hot plate! She got kicked out by security. And now, of course, she looks like a giant douchecunt on TV.
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
              It's also on youtube. I've been watching the seasons on there. Season 2, I still think Virginia was like...blowing the producers or something. I really hate to say that, but holy shit, she SUCKED. So so so badly.

Anyway. I love all the pwnage moments in Hell's Kitchen. It's like...Chef Ramsay can be nice and polite to customers, but they better wait a fucking moment already. Like the woman with the giant boobs who pulled a HUGE EW moment by upturning all the dishes on the hot plate! She got kicked out by security. And now, of course, she looks like a giant douchecunt on TV.
              Yeah, that's where I've been catching up on them. Also, sometimes the Fox.com stuff is restricted-that is, that if you're in the US, you're fine, if you're overseas you can't view it.

But yeah, there are quite a few of the pwnage moments in Hell's Kitchen.

And JP deserves a freaking medal for some of the stuff he puts up with.

Comment

I don't even know how to cook and I love that show.

Unfortunately because of overtime, I missed the past two seasons and only got to tune in starting a few weeks ago.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I agree heartily with the "pain in the neck" comment!

Oh. My. Goddess. He's bitching because of the size of the lettuce pieces. Would it really kill him to pick up his knife and use it?

I just want to know if he expected his main course to come pre-cut, too?
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    I agree heartily with the "pain in the neck" comment!

Oh. My. Goddess. He's bitching because of the size of the lettuce pieces. Would it really kill him to pick up his knife and use it?

I just want to know if he expected his main course to come pre-cut, too?
                    They didn't show if he wanted it like that as well but that bit just had me giggling because it reminded me of one of CRML's stories and also the passive pwnage was awesome!

Comment

Working...
                    X