Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Geek girl is getting picked on!

A little girl is getting picked on for bringing Star Wars stuff to school.
    I linked Epbot below, you can leave the lil one supportive comments there, and also on that site is the link to the main article.

Please read it and leave her some support!

Linky, Linky
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

When I was her age, I remember being shunned by all the girls in my class because I like dinosaurs. And dinosaurs are ONLY FOR BOYS.

But now I am 31, and happy in my life and confident in myself. And I still like dinosaurs.

And Star Wars.

So there.

https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

ooops wrong post.
      added my support
      Last edited by PepperElf; 11-20-2010, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Go on, get your geek on kid!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I added a rather long post of support, it may take a while before it shows up. We fangirls gotta stick together! (Nerds of a feather? )

ETA: here is my post:
          pncwho said...
          I was nine when I first saw Star Wars with my Girl Scout troop. We all loved it. Girls do like Star Wars, and have since it first came out!

And you'll discover more and more fun in the world of Science Fiction, series like Doctor Who, Farscape and Babylon 5, authors like Ray Bradbury, Arthur C. Clarke and Kurt Vonnegut, amongst many others...including many female authors like Marion Zimmer Bradley, C. J. Cherryh and Mercedes Lackey There is no reason at all girls and women can't enjoy, read, write, act in or produce science fiction! You do what feels right to you, and don't let the naysayers try to cram you into their little box!
          Last edited by XCashier; 11-22-2010, 05:40 AM.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            (Nerds of a feather? )
            Run around wearing awesome nerd gear together?
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with girls liking Star Wars. Nowhere is it written that this is a boys only or an age specific film. I say kudos to the parents who most likely introduced her to it.

I have watched the film more times than I can count and I even walked down the aisle at my wedding to the imperial march. I have a room full of merchandise including a replica "blue" light saber (my holy grail)

You go Girl!!!!
              "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
              "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
              "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                When I was her age, I remember being shunned by all the girls in my class because I like dinosaurs. And dinosaurs are ONLY FOR BOYS.

But now I am 31, and happy in my life and confident in myself. And I still like dinosaurs.

And Star Wars.

So there.

When I was in first grade, I was the dinosaur expert. I can't recall ever being teased for it, though. Maybe I was just too young to understand it if I was. Li'l Bro had me beat though. He was three and educating all the PTA ladies about compsognathus and other dinos with difficult to pronouce names. Absolutely adorable.

I was about Katie's age when my dad brought home A New Hope, and I've been hooked ever since. Frankly, I'm jealous she has a cool Star Wars water bottle. Currently I'm drooling over a Master Replica Mace Windu lightsaber I saw on Ebay, but alas, I'll never be able to afford it.

Yes, I'm female. Yes, I cosplay. And I don't care what anyone thinks.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                X