X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallelujah Chorus...flash mob style!

Very cool.

From the link:
    On Saturday, October 30, 2010, the Opera Company of Philadelphia brought together over 650 choristers from 28 participating organizations to perform one of the Knight Foundation's "Random Acts of Culture" at Macy's in Center City Philadelphia. Accompanied by the Wanamaker Organ - the world's largest pipe organ - the OCP Chorus and throngs of singers from the community infiltrated the store as shoppers, and burst into a pop-up rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's "Messiah" at 12 noon, to the delight of surprised shoppers.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

That is very awesome!
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Magnificent... I love flash mobs. I watched this a couple of times and then started looking at the links off to the side... And I got very excited to see some "Random Acts of Culture" performed in Charlotte, which is not to far from me. There were opera singers suddenly belting out tunes in a department store, and two segments involving the symphony and tango dancers and an interpretive ballet at the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.

I just love to see random acts of beauty. It can give you a little hope for the ugly world we live in.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

These are great. With all the BS going on in the world these can give some hope that there is some humanity out there. People taking time out of their days for the sole purpose of bringing some happiness, enjoyment, and culture to many random complete strangers.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

My roommate sent me this in an email. I didn't look at any of the other links but I'll check some of them out this weekend.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X