This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...seriously?

I logged onto the ol' FB last night, and happened to see on my newsfeed a link. I glanced at the title and thought 'Oh! A Nutcracker movie! *click*'

Oh, how I wish I hadn't clicked this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGxFOkCpR2w

Am I the only one that thinks that, when they said 'Based on the story, and the music by Tchaikovsky', they really meant 'We heard it was about a guy who'd been turned into a nutcracker, and something about the Rat King, and just went from there without actually reading the original story or watching the ballet version'?
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Well, the director is Russian, so he's probably well familiar with the ballet and the story. But the movie does look pretty awful.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Meh, it looks like it might be alright. At least they made it a bit different then the original, instead of doing the exact same thing, like the latest Christmas Carol. I've never understood producing the exact same Christmas movie every year.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

I want my two minutes back. Sadly, I'm willing to bet the movie will do very well.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Actually, I read a story that the critics have loathed this movie, and the opening weekend did really poorly. The article did say that the movie may become one of those "It's so bad, you have got to see it" things that beome cult hits.
          To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
          To pursue it with forks and hope;
          To threaten its life with a railway share;
          To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

A review I read said "Nazi mice and Turturro in a Andy Warhol wig..."

Oh yeah...Nathan Lane plays Albert Einstein, the girls' *uncle.* Wow...
            Last edited by Caveat Emptor; 12-02-2010, 07:42 AM.
            Testing
            "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
              A review I read said "Nazi mice and Turturro in a Andy Warhol wig..."

Oh yeah...Nathan Lane plays Albert Einstein, the girls' *uncle.* Wow...
              And, Albert Einstein gives the Nutcracker to Sarah as a Christmas gift. Huh? I thought he was Jewish.
              To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
              To pursue it with forks and hope;
              To threaten its life with a railway share;
              To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Working...
              X