• Show
Clear All

• Jim Nabors gone

Yep, today.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/jim-...le-1202627122/

Goodbye, Gomer. We'll miss you.

Comment

May he rest in peace. v_v
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Shazaam!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

RIP, Private Pyle.

Comment

Suhprahz, Suhprahz, Suhprahz!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've been seeing promos on television over the last few days for the upcoming 50th anniversary special of The Carol Burnett Show (I grew up watching her - she's amazingly funny) and thinking how sad it is that he won't be appearing.

Every first episode of the variety series, which ran from 1967 thru 1978, Jim Nabors always guest starred. He and Burnett were close for many years - she had a recurring role in early episodes of Gomer Pyle, USMC where she played a gunnery sergeant and the two formed a bond that lasted 50 plus years.

Did you know that Jim Nabors also hosted his own successful variety show on CBS back in the late 60s'/early 70's? He had a clause in his contract that allowed him to do this and he did one, as a lot of other popular stars of the day, but with a stipulation that his cast members from USMC also appear on the show with him on a regular basis - he didn't want them out on the unemployment line after the sitcom ended.

I'm starting to feel even older now . . .
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X