Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in a call center so not runing in like crazy. But I thought it was funny when I was speacking to some one in Canada. They knew it some some sort of big shopping day but were not sure what it was called. Some saw the adds and stuff but did not deem it worth getting out of bed for!!

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
      yup and she gets to sit in jail until monday .....disorderly conduct, she has to wait for a judge
      Sadly it seems that she got out on bail .

Comment

We had people waiting outside the store at four in the morning yesterday. I'm like, it's the Bent Friggen Staple and we're not even open until six. What the hell are you people doing out here?

I'm just glad we didn't decide to carry Nintendo Wi''s for some god awful reason. I'd be typing this from a padded cell. (I'd get off on insanity because during my psychotic killing spree, I'd be naked and referring to Bea Arthur as my patron goddess. Yes, I have this planned out.)

Comment

Just this:

http://www.retailcomic.com/?p=5910

And later, this:

http://www.retailcomic.com/?p=5911

Wow. Just. Wow.

Comment

I used to live damn close to Buffalo and I totally believe it. There are less stories of doom and gloom where I live now but holy monkies, my parents have NEVER gone out Black Friday shopping because of all the crap that used to happen in the Buffalo area. I think I know which Target you're talking about too and to be honest I've never actually set a food inside it.

I'm surprised our stampedes aren't more lethal.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
              Also, yet another reason NOT to shop at Target!
              Or anywhere else on Black Friday. There was an employee trampled to death last year at Wal-Shart on that day of greed. I'm so glad I don't work in retail anymore. I feel for everyone who is stuck there dealing with the insanity that crazy deals on shit items brings
              "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Quoth ExRetailDrone View Post
                There was an employee trampled to death last year at Wal-Shart on that day of greed.
                That was actually 2008, but I agree, this lunacy should've been stopped ages ago.

There is nothing available for sale that is worth another person's life. Or your own. Viva Buy Nothing Day!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

i avoid that feeding frenzy; i'd rather be covered in meat and honey and shoved into a cage with starving bears.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

These idiots and fools have exorcised my Christmas spirit. Forever.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                      I used to live damn close to Buffalo and I totally believe it. There are less stories of doom and gloom where I live now but holy monkies, my parents have NEVER gone out Black Friday shopping because of all the crap that used to happen in the Buffalo area. I think I know which Target you're talking about too and to be honest I've never actually set a food inside it.

I'm surprised our stampedes aren't more lethal.
                      It was the one in North Buffalo. It's actually a nice store, I've been there before. I don't remember anything quite like this happening around here before, but this Black Friday crap has gotten crazier every year.

I refuse to go shopping on Black Friday. Ever. Buying my gifts online as much as possible.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                        That's disgusting. I've heard of people getting stampeded to death in previous Black Friday rushes. No amount of cheap crap is worth a human life.
                        And this was a true fact, from Black Friday... Either last year, or 2008 Customers knocked the door of a store completely off the track and CRUSHED an employee to death Thankfully there were less than 10 people lined up at Red Vest Friday morning.. The whole 3 employees waiting to get in(Me included) slipped in with the Loss Prevention Manager through his office's outside door.
                        Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

The Kohls I was working at on BF was extremely well behaved, then. No stampeding, no SCs, no threats, no line cutting. Nothing too bad except lining up to get in at 3am.
                          Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post

And later, this:

http://www.retailcomic.com/?p=5911

Wow. Just. Wow.
                            Gotta love a little Pink Floyd

Comment

Apparently I didn't watch the news this weekend. I spent the weekend with my parents in Buffalo (or rather the southtowns) and didn't even hear about it.

Then again, I was happily over the Peace Bridge and heading for Ikea and the wineries on Black Friday. Best tradition my wife and I have ever started: Flee the country on Black Friday.
                              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                                Gotta love a little Pink Floyd
                                What song is that? The lyrics aren't familiar.
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X