Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortly after my daughter first got her cell phone, she was getting calls asking for a "John Shepman" - not sure how many were automated messages, but she had a hard time getting some of the callers to understand that they were calling a (then) pre-teen girl, and NOT "John".

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
      Our home number still (after 5 years) gets calls for some woman from doctors and pharmacies. Our names are on the voicemail greeting and everything and it does no good. I've even talked to the doctors' offices and informed them of the mixup, even going so far as to question whether calling after being informed of the error is a HIPAA violation, but they keep calling....

Oh well, we're shutting the number down in a few months anyway....
      I would say, report them to the medical board under HIPPA anyway... see how fast they stop calling you

Comment

When we got our first cell phone, we kept getting calls for Sean or Jeremy. Several times a day, every day, some young-sounding person would call for Sean or Jeremy. Sometimes they would believe me when I told them that this was not their number, more often they didn't. Even the father of one of them called; I told him that they were no longer at this number and could he please let them know to tell their friends of their new number so they didn't keep calling me? He promised he would.

The last call I got, the kid started getting verbally abusive when I told him that there was no Sean or Jeremy at this number. I finally called the phone company and got a new number, and had no problems with that one.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I got a call at home once for some guy (no name given) who'd apparently left his job, as it was a former coworker calling to "see how you're doing." Had the caller thought to leave a number I would've at least tried to return the call to let him know his good buddy had never received his message of concern ...

Comment

I had a voicemail today for Irene: "Your lab results are in."

Goodnight, Irene.

(I called the lab back and told them that my number didn't connect to Irene in any way.)
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I got a weird call on my cell the other day. I don't even remember the details but the woman was talking about something that made no sense to me, so I said she had the wrong number. She asked "is this <my number>?" and I said yes, but I'm not who you were trying to call. She told me that some business whose name I recognized had put my number on their (sign, literature, website, forehead, whatever) and I might want to look into it. I was like OK, thanks...but I haven't gotten any other calls. Guess maybe she just took down the number wrong after all.
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

A few time we have had a landlord calling up to collect past due rent. I told the guy that there must have be a mistake because we own our home and don't owe him rent. He must have thought that his tenant was being smart and said that he owns it and we need to pay the rent. So I repeated myself that he must be calling the wrong place because we had been living in our home for 5 years at the time. So he gives our number and asks if this is our number and I tell him it was but that we aren't his tenants and he has the wrong number. So he concedes the point and hangs up.

Sometime last year we get a call again. Again demanding rent and asking when we can pay. So I again tell this same person that they have called the wrong number and that they called last year about this and it was explained then that they have the wrong number. I then pointed out they should have cleared this up with their tenant last year.

Maybe I will get a 3peat.
                The angels have the phone box.

Comment

Working...
                X