This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlights of my time in Alaska

It's hard to believe but I will be flying back to the lower 48 a week from Tuesday. I can't say it's always been easy, but I wouldn't trade this experience for the world.

Some of the most memorable moments include being trapped between two rock slides while eating cookies and joking about raiding the liquor cabinet. Another fun memory is my two cooks singing Bohemian Rhapsody while still taking care of tickets. (So wish I'd had a video camera that day).

Going out with friends from the train for dinner and drinks on my birthday was a blast. I have to add going to my first ever drag show to the list. I mainly went to support a coworker but ended up having a lot more fun than I thought I would.

Of course seeing the beauty of Alaska was one of the best experiences. The fall colors right now are absolutely gorgeous. I even saw Mt. Denali from the train. Talk about a magnificent mountain.
    Last edited by Teysa; 09-16-2012, 10:01 AM.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

I'm envious. I sooo wish I was there; the scent of fall just makes me smile.
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

We're hoping to be back up there for Christmas. Glad you had a good time up there, it is an experience.

Comment

Working...
      X